Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Default Downgrading from msn live to 7.5?

Hi guys, I just have a quick question. I have recently upgraded to windows live messenger 8.1 and I'm experiencing some problems with it. I would like to go back to the previous version I was using (version 7.5 i think?). If I was to uninstall msn live messenger and reinstall msn 7.5, would I lose all my message history, received files, emoticons etc?

I know this has probably been asked many times before but would appreciate a quick and simple answer. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_m View Post
    Hi guys, I just have a quick question. I have recently upgraded to windows live messenger 8.1 and I'm experiencing some problems with it. I would like to go back to the previous version I was using (version 7.5 i think?). If I was to uninstall msn live messenger and reinstall msn 7.5, would I lose all my message history, received files, emoticons etc?

I know this has probably been asked many times before but would appreciate a quick and simple answer. Thanks in advance.
    I did this recently(version 8.1 nor 8.0 were showing all of my contacts, i switched to 7.5, and i can see all my contacts again )

but, to answer your question, i think that emotes are saved, although i can't guarantee it.. personally, i'd recommend backing up the "My Received Documents" folder in your My Documents, i believe that folder stores your conversation logs, downloads, user images, but i'm not sure about emotes...

Also, i'm not entirely sure how copying(not MOVING) the "My Received Files" folder back into My Documents will tolerate an older version of the client.. so..
    if you do decide you want to use an older version(i highly recommend against 8.0 and above), back up that folder first!

Thanks very much for that, i just hope that by going back to msn 7.5 i don't lose any information like contacts, emoticons, message history etc. Does anybody know 100% that I won't lose all this information??? Also just want to make sure, msn 7.5 was the last msn messenger before live messenger came out wasn't it? Thanks for the help

Beta

You lose nothing for buddies on your list, thats a network thing, But you do lose those emoticons, however there are more added to the newer version plus you can buy more but who would pay for emoticons over a instant messager

Help, Anyone?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SU182 View Post
    Help, Anyone?
    no need to bump the thread,your post will get seen,if it has not already been answered then it is most likely because there has been no one signed in that can help.be patient and check back evry day or so.to be impatient often makes things get ignored.
    simply me

Default MSN messenger 5 asks for update

Hi,

I wrote back in Nov 2006 and got a fab answer from SSS to solve my prob.
    Since MSN messenger had a new version recently, the prob has happened again and although I've found the text I needed to change the program with through Hex (thanks SSS), it doesn't work this time - I presume the text wouldn't be the same though.

Any help from anyone? Last time I did a 'replace' 5.0.0544 with 6.2.0544.
    What do I need to put this time to fool my program ?
    (I'm missing loads of dll files so can't download the new msn)

I tried webmessenger live as suggested by a fellow poster, but the system's full to bursting apparently and won't log anyone else on !!

So no chattychatchat for me....boohoo
    SSS - are you out there to come to my rescue again ....?

Thanks everso, from Jinky in France

Right click on the shortcut and choose ADVANCED,then goto 'COMPATIBILITY' and set it for Win2000.. Should run fine

Good luck

hey guys , i dont know if this question was asked before but i couldnt find the answer

anyways i had 7.5 msn installed untill a couple of weeks ago when it forced me to download the latest msn , not only that i hate it , it doesnt let me add anyone and vise versa // so is there a way to get around that problem ?

Default Messenger 7.5.0311

Okay, extremely sorry if this exact question has been asked before, but I don't think it has (I've checked back a few pages too).

I've downloaded Messenger 7.5.0311 (note my helpfully including the exact version) and like others I am being asked to update to the latest version, which I would prefer not to do.
    Now, I read the whole info box on the page including this "Recently, MSN Messenger has made it mandatory to upgrade to newer versions. Have no fear, the wonderful folks at mess.be have figured out a solution. Simply head over to their site and download the appropriate patch.".
    I'm not sure exactly which patch I need, I found one that has my version number in it under the "MSN Messenger Bots etc." section, which is called "Mess Patch 7.5.0311 - Generation3".
    Is this the one I'm meant to be looking for ?
    I hate to say it, but a little more information on part of OldVersion.com would have been helpful, though I really do appreciate that they do infact warn about the forced update.

So, with that information in hand I was wondering whether it was infact advisable to download from this mess.be place ? and if so, which patch would I need ?
    If there is infact another solution besides downloading from mess.be, I'd appreciate that too.

For those who need the info again;
    MSN Messenger version 7.5.0311
    Running on windows XP.

If you need more info please ask, and thanks in advance.

Sorry again if this has been mentioned somewhere else