Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

go to the C:\Windows\Temp folder and empty it.
    then try installing

If nothing works, check into these alternative clients, on enclosed link, to the MSN one, they can log you into MSN, but you wont have to deal with the upgrade problems.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1238

shawnna

yea u can use them im windows 95 but do u have use ie401 in it???? or in messenger 5.0?? :huh: hope not i cant find ie5.0 :unsure: :angry:

This link has various versions of Internet Explorer - http://www.5star-shareware.com/Internet/

Check under the heading "Browsers".

As far as versions, I am running MSN Messenger version 2.2 in WindowsXP with no problems. Lot less bells and whistles and hassles.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by shawnna@Sep 28 2003, 06:43 PM
    hope not i cant find ie5.0 :unsure: :angry:
    check this site for any previous version of just about any known web browser
    http://browsers.evolt.org

Imagine my delight when I found this web-site and the older versions of MSN messenger. Then flash forward to my disdain, when I found that no matter what lower version 4.0 etc, I download, I get these funky messages that I NEED/HAVE TO upgrade to the newer version, in order to use MSN. I would ignore them, but now I am blocked out, I have to download the newer version. The newer version comes with far too many bells and whistles. There is no way to minimize, make smaller, the portion that shows your list of pals, and the IM boxes, contain too much stuff. Can't I just have the simpler versions? I am using Windows NT I think 4.0 or the 4 something.

stef

I need some help - I was running 4.7 msn on my computer and tried to upgrade to the 5.0 but now i can't seem to sign in - it says i can't sign in check the internet connection? Help. It's a work computer and i have been using msn messenger for years, but it stopped on friday.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by stef@Sep 29 2003, 12:24 PM
    It's a work computer and i have been using msn messenger for years, but it stopped on friday.
    Being it is an at work computer, do you have a sys admin, who might have decided to block access to the MSN server via a firewall? If you do have an Admin, be sure to contact him first, to make sure your still permitted to access MSN.

If that is not the case, then you might want to uninstall any MSN messengers, then re-install the 5.0.
    Check that you are being case sensitive to the username + password.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by AquaHarmony@Sep 29 2003, 08:55 AM
    The newer version comes with far too many bells and whistles. There is no way to minimize, make smaller, the portion that shows your list of pals, and the IM boxes, contain too much stuff. Can't I just have the simpler versions? I am using Windows NT I think 4.0 or the 4 something.
    always check previous postings, you may find an answer instead of having to wait for a reply. the problems with MSN is being posted to this forum daily, and being answered as fast as solutions are known.

you may want to consider an alternative client to use to access MSN.
    check this previous posting for a long listing of alternative clients, which should give you access to the MSN network, without the problems of the MSN messenger

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1238

I am using Windows NT4
    I'm sure a download of messenger 5 for nt4 was on the msn site I've posted the win95 in this thread post
    Windows 95 and Windows NT4 do not support the latest version of MSN Messenger.
    Download messenger 5 for Win'95 msn.com/95/SETUP95.EXE

there's a tree/post 4sum1

merxx

my computer doesent open hotmail page and it doesent let me in to any msn version...my name and password are correct...the other computers open the site and let in but mine doesent....what must i do???