Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    fitzy

your laptop is blocking the ports which allow acess to msn

SEARCH THE FORUM this has benn asked and answered before

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Uter@May 17 2004, 04:53 AM
    if ur just gunna come in here to say weve answered this b4 dont be so lazy and find the thread, well then keep ur mouth shut cos i dont wanna hear it
    Search the forum, Noone said your being lazy, but why should we do something you can handle yourself?

Uter

never mind i have found a private patch that will make it work, my friend helped me, as use dont have any patches and cannot use it so haha useless idiots, "where cool we have msn 1.0 and it doesnt work and we dont have a fix" hahahaha suckers

guest_brian

i actually had that problem before too. i know this is going to sound weird but it happened. my msn messenger wasn't allowing me to sign in with my correct username and my correct password. i wrote msn and told them my problem and they wrote me back and told me that as msn intergrates into internet explorer and if my msn isn't allowing me to sign in it might be because my internet explorer securities were set too high.
    so they told me i should go into internet explore and click on Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab and set all the Securities to defualt. on each tab ... (Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted, Restricted) click each one setting them all to default. there is a default button on each option keep clicking that til your finished.

also, make sure you click on the "connections tab" and click on "LAN" button. make sure NONE of those options are selected. Make sure there are NO check Marks and each box is empty.
    then try msn again. if that doesn't work go here http://support.msn.com/feedback.aspx?produ...ctKey=messenger
    and they will reply back to you within 24 hours.

hopefully, i was helpful. Sorry if i wasnt.

guest_brian

P.S --- O.S means Operating System. For example i am using Windows XP. therefore: Windows XP is the OS i am using
    Cheers!!

Smooth Criminal

I downloaded MSN Messenger 4.6, but when I want to sign in, it says some crap like: a new version of msn messenger is available, you MUST install the newer version in order to continue

I'm sure someone had this problem

what's the point od downloading an old version if you have to install the newer version afterwards, I want 4.6!

Beta

Search, there are many topics about the same problem. Some have been answered.

You might want to read this topic, then you will find out why OldVersion.com isn't removing them.

Here's a QUOTE from a post in that topic.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@ Apr 17, 2004, 8:41 AM
    QUOTE (zyxmd @ Apr 17 2004, 08:29 AM)
    Since the previous versions of msn are useless, Why waste server space? Ditch them.*

Worthless to whom? The debate of continuing to host old "worthless" software has been discussed many times. If you would understand the reasons behind the site, it then becomes clear why these titles are being kept.

QUOTE (About @ http://www.oldversion.com/aboutov.php )
    Lastly, there is a need to archive cultural artifacts. If software is allowed to disappear into the past, a piece of our history will be lost. People must be have access to this data in order to understand the direction the computer industry and civilization as a whole is heading.*

fierceleaf

i sign in with msn then as soon as i m signed in it will close or crash im not sure, does anyone else have this problem, or know how it fix it?

Super Moderator

Check the developers page for issues such as those.
    http://messenger.msn.com/Help/