Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 220
  1. #151

    Default

    Originally posted by Former M$N Me$$en@Feb 15 2005, 04:53 AM
    read they've been having problems lately...and know this topic is a year old

    but...windows 95 users have finnally got shut out,
    Are you sure? as microsoft was still offering the installer for msn 5 for windows 95 the last time I looked & they dont usally offer unsupported downloads.

  2. #152
    MSN
    Guest

    Default

    How do i use an older version of MSN Messenger without it MSN prompting me to update/upgrade to the new version ?


    :huh:

  3. #153
    flamesapc18
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by MSN@Feb 22 2005, 01:14 AM
    How do i use an older version of MSN Messenger without it MSN prompting me to update/upgrade to the new version ?


    :huh:
    I'm not sure how you do it :unsure:

  4. #154
    mini
    Guest

    Default

    HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!! i have windows XP and i tried to install MSN 4.6 but it always gives me msg that there is a newer version to MSN and in order to get connected you have to have latest version. What should I do now?

    Also, is it true that we can still dial long distance calls by MSN 4.6?

    anxiously waiting for response.

  5. #155
    Guest
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by mini@Mar 22 2005, 08:23 PM
    HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!! i have windows XP and i tried to install MSN 4.6 but it always gives me msg that there is a newer version to MSN and in order to get connected you have to have latest version. What should I do now?

    Also, is it true that we can still dial long distance calls by MSN 4.6?

    anxiously waiting for response.
    older versions do shut you out until you upgrade, you have no choice really if you want to use msn or go for an alternative app

  6. #156
    9x'er formerly@MSN
    Guest

    Default

    sometime ago(whenever 6.2 came out) they decided to phase out 5.0 and anything older

    I'm on windows 98 and well have gave up the whole msn/messenger thing...they never upgraded my hotmail account to 250megs from 2megs(or they're still "going to" for all I know) and I'm thankful I can at least sign into hotmail (msn.com likes to crash on me for some reason)

    anyhow,I went to run 5.0 back a month ago,it said I needed to upgrade,I already knew 6.x is like msn.com to me probably because I don't have XP like everyone else

    I got 6.x to open without causing a fatal error a week or two ago,and it says I needed 7.0...the installer to 7.0 says I have to be on XP or later with IE 6 or later (not a and/or but I need both to run it)

    I know the last reply to this topic was about a month ago and the whole thing is more then a few years old...and yes I've been looking for alt.'s(trillian and a few others don't run too well for me)

    but why is it microsoft is getting worst then they are? forcing every windows platform to be the newest and all,heck I'm sure if ie 6 had builds,they'd make everyone upgrade from say ie 6.1.1.1.1 to ie 6.1.1.1.2!

    well anyway it just seems they(be it the software company themselves,or maybe just Bill Gates) is getting a bit too paranoid

    thanks
    a former msn 9x'er

  7. #157
    Beta
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Originally posted by 9x'er formerly@MSN@Apr 13 2005, 01:12 PM
    sometime ago(whenever 6.2 came out) they decided to phase out 5.0 and anything older

    I'm on windows 98 and well have gave up the whole msn/messenger thing...they never upgraded my hotmail account to 250megs from 2megs(or they're still "going to" for all I know) and I'm thankful I can at least sign into hotmail (msn.com likes to crash on me for some reason)

    anyhow,I went to run 5.0 back a month ago,it said I needed to upgrade,I already knew 6.x is like msn.com to me probably because I don't have XP like everyone else

    I got 6.x to open without causing a fatal error a week or two ago,and it says I needed 7.0...the installer to 7.0 says I have to be on XP or later with IE 6 or later (not a and/or but I need both to run it)

    I know the last reply to this topic was about a month ago and the whole thing is more then a few years old...and yes I've been looking for alt.'s(trillian and a few others don't run too well for me)

    but why is it microsoft is getting worst then they are? forcing every windows platform to be the newest and all,heck I'm sure if ie 6 had builds,they'd make everyone upgrade from say ie 6.1.1.1.1 to ie 6.1.1.1.2!

    well anyway it just seems they(be it the software company themselves,or maybe just Bill Gates) is getting a bit too paranoid

    thanks
    a former msn 9x'er
    If you want to connect to MSN Messenger versions 4.6 and lower, see this topic: http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=3738


  8. #158
    guest_Tim
    Guest

    Default

    y do u people want such old versions of MSN Messenger?!?!?!? just go to http://messenger.msn.com/download/
    to get 7.0 it's way better then those stupid old versions

  9. #159
    Beta
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Originally posted by guest_Tim@Apr 24 2005, 07:13 PM
    y do u people want such old versions of MSN Messenger?!?!?!? just go to http://messenger.msn.com/download/
    to get 7.0 it's way better then those stupid old versions
    Because some people still use Windows 98/ME, which has about 32 and 64 MB of RAM. I'd highly doubt that a Windows 9x user would say that version 7.0 is better than older versions.

  10. #160
    Fanny
    Guest

    Default

    Is MSN Messenger V7 for W98 or only for WXP?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Old Versions Of Msn Messenger To Connect
    By SSS in forum Programs / Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM
  2. Msn Messenger Is Different Than Windows Messenger!
    By guest_Tom in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
  3. Msn Messenger
    By Skyless Blue in forum Programs / Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 05:38 PM
  4. Msn - Microsoft Messenger
    By Legends2 in forum Requests
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
  5. List Of Alternative Chat Clients
    By locustfurnace in forum Programs / Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •