Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beta

well well well , i guess you missed the point that the problem also does not state that the little eskimo is the son of the big eskimo walking with him
    Yes it does. The problem clearly states that the big Eskimo is not the father, but little Eskimo is the son of the big Eskimo

Original question
    Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo's son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo's Father. So who is big Eskimo ?

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Sep 21 2004, 01:04 AM
    well well well , i guess you missed the point that the problem also does not state that the little eskimo is the son of the big eskimo walking with him
    Yes it does. The problem clearly states that the big Eskimo is not the father, but little Eskimo is the son of the big Eskimo

Original question
    Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo's son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo's Father. So who is big Eskimo ?
    i will not haggle any longer with your obvious lack of basic understanding,you keep plugging away at them simple problems and perhaps one day you will suddenly realise the point i was making was correct

This thread is getting seriously off topic

So w/o anymore furthur or do,lets get BACK ON TOPIC

logical-guest

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+Sep 20 2004, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ Sep 20 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Sep 20 2004, 09:49 PM
    Well smarty pants my elder brother is my dad so if you want to come round and discuss it feel free.
    How the hell can your elder brother be your father. He can only be your elder brother OR your father. Not both.
    If I had the time and the geographical advantage I would certainly come round and discuss basic family trees with you.
    would you like me to draw a diagram to show you that your elder brother is not your father? [/b][/quote]
    Basic family tree:

If a mother commits incest with her son then the child would be HALF-brother/sister to the father (son) and a full son/daughter to the mother and father (the mother&#39;s son).

If the father commits incest with the daughter then the child would be HALF-brother/sister to the mother (daughter) and a full son/daughter to the father and mother (the father&#39;s daughter).

If the brother and and sister committed incest then they are the child&#39;s full parents BUT because the brother and sister DON&#39;T share a common parent between their child and themselves (their parents being the child&#39;s grandparents) then there is no way a brother/sister incest can answer the orginal question. The only logical answer is the Big Eskimo
    is in fact the Mother as the father is already eliminated. And the mother/son incest would create a HALF brother to the son BUT the mother still fits the answer as the son.

I got two wrong and I still fall for the same silly trap. For example:

Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo&#39;s son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo&#39;s Father. So who is big Eskimo ?
    Most logic questions can be answered if you use a little common sense.

Beta

Thank you. At last someone with some sense and the logical skills to understand the above problem. I just hope you do not get harangued by those above for whom the penny never dropped.

i really think is amazing,[If a mother commits incest with her son then the child would be HALF-brother/sister to the father (son) and a full son/daughter to the mother, and there it is as i already stated , if a mother commits incest then yes a child can have a father who is his older brother (all be it half brother but brother never the less) anyhow i guess you like guests who help with your debates as that one posted and you never passed a single slur or insult. amazing unless you just didnt bother signing in and posted as a guest just to help yourself out. now that would be mega sad

Beta

This particular contributor posts as logical-guest so at least he is an individual that can be identified.
    To suggest that I posted under that pseudonym to prove my point is beneath contempt and just reflects on your poor psychological makeup.
    I&#39;m sure that the admin and moderator who can view the individual IP addresses of each post would also be dismayed at your dishonourable tactics.

straight talker

there ya go, now ya know how to address me, not at all dishonourable tactics as you claim,in a debate it is just a suggested possibility, please do not tell me that posting without signing in is not a possibility, you could of easily done so and i didnt claim you had i merely highlighted a possibility as i did in the original problem.as from now i will be known as the STRAIGHT TALKER and soon will register as a member using that same name, but for now i will be away for a day or two. tara chuck

Super Moderator

I think the topic of this post was titled "How Smart Are You" and not "Who are you" or "Who&#39;s that Eskimo&#33;"

I can&#39;t see an ending to this debate without everyone getting in their last shot, which is understandable. So I&#39;ll close this thread to help you out.