Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

or indeed could be anyone that is infact a big eskimo compared with the little eskimo.
    Incorrect. The only person that could be the little Eskimo's son is either the Father or the Mother and is was established that the big Eskimo was not little Eskimo's Father.

this could go on a long time , the problem only stated that big eskimo was little eskimos father (obvious) as he was not present during the walk and the problem only stated that the walking big eskimo was not his father then obviously it could of been brother sister even aunty freda as long as they were bigger than himself

Beta

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 19 2004, 11:22 PM
    or indeed could be anyone that is infact a big eskimo compared with the little eskimo.
    Incorrect. The only person that could be the little Eskimo's son is either the Father or the Mother and is was established that the big Eskimo was not little Eskimo's Father.

this could go on a long time , the problem only stated that big eskimo was little eskimos father (obvious) as he was not present during the walk and the problem only stated that the walking big eskimo was not his father then obviously it could of been brother sister even aunty freda as long as they were bigger than himself

this could go on a long time
    No it can't.
    How could the the little Eskimo be the son of his brother or sister...impossible!! The little Eskimo could be aunty Freda's son which would make her his Mother as is the correct answer

edit I hope guest that you do not write code for a living LOL.

Release Candiate 2

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Sep 19 2004, 06:07 PM
    this could go on a long time No it can't.
    How could the the little Eskimo be the son of his brother or sister...impossible!! The little Eskimo could be aunty Freda's son which would make her his Mother as is the correct answer
    A result if incest perhaps? Sadly not beyond the realms of possibilities.

Not that's what I am saying eskimo's get up too mind you but a factor if you do statistics and analysis for a living.

Indigenous People

THE PEOPLE

Inuit are a people who live near the Arctic. Their homeland stretches from the northeastern tip of Russia across Alaska and northern Canada to parts of Greenland. Inuit refers to the people formerly called Eskimos. The term Eskimo comes from a Native American word that may have meant 'eater of raw meat'. They prefer the name Inuit, which means 'the people' or 'real people' and comes from a language called Inuit-Inupiaq. The singular of Inuit is Inuk, which means 'person'.

I knew it
    (I've been farming here 150 years give or take a day,I have mail)
    Perhaps Big Eskimo (noun) is actually a little® (adj) eskimo than little Eskimo (noun) so whom big eskimo now ???
    b.t.w. whats "the sun" ?

Beta

Tomb pondered
    A result if incest perhaps? Sadly not beyond the realms of possibilities.
    Incest is just a Red Herring. How could anyone be the son of their own brother or sister, ......impossible (you don't write code do you Tomb ? LOL)

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés was confused
    Incest is just a Red Herring. How could anyone be the son of their own brother or sister
    Think about it Jaime. It's not that hard to work out.

Let's say Little Eskimo has an elder brother and an elder sister. They commit an act of incest. He is born. He is, in this case, the son of his brother and sister.

Incest happens I am afraid. There was a case a couple of months ago in the States which matches this scenario almost. A teacher overheard a child complaining to a friend that he had to call his brother "dad". Sad to say when followed up by the school and the police this was just the case and he was born as a result of an incestorous relationship between his elder brother and mother. Or are you indenial that such things happen?

Of course incest happens in the animal world on a daily basis - you only have to look at the cats in my neighbourhood or indeed the British Royal family. :lol:

Beta

Guest still cannot fathom a basic family tree
    Think about it Jaime. It's not that hard to work out.

Let's say Little Eskimo has an elder brother and an elder sister. They commit an act of incest. He is born. He is, in this case, the son of his brother and sister.
    Just think logically about what you have just written. They cannot be his elder brother and sister.

I rest my case LOL.

Well smarty pants my elder brother is my dad so if you want to come round and discuss it feel free.

Beta

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 20 2004, 09:49 PM
    Well smarty pants my elder brother is my dad so if you want to come round and discuss it feel free.
    How the hell can your elder brother be your father. He can only be your elder brother OR your father. Not both.
    If I had the time and the geographical advantage I would certainly come round and discuss basic family trees with you.
    would you like me to draw a diagram to show you that your elder brother is not your father?

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+Sep 19 2004, 06:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ Sep 19 2004, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Sep 19 2004, 11:22 PM
    QUOTE*
    Incorrect. The only person that could be the little Eskimo&#39;s son is either the Father or the Mother and is was established that the big Eskimo was not little Eskimo&#39;s Father.

this could go on a long time
    No it can&#39;t.
    How could the the little Eskimo be the son of his brother or sister...impossible&#33;&#33; The little Eskimo could be aunty Freda&#39;s son which would make her his Mother as is the correct answer

edit I hope guest that you do not write code for a living LOL. [/b][/quote]
    well well well , i guess you missed the point that the problem also does not state that the little eskimo is the son of the big eskimo walking with him so yes it could be aunt mable, the only parent link mentioned in the problem was the fact that big eskimo was his father , and as far as the remarks on family trees, two children born of the same mother are in fact brothers, if they are from different fathers they are half brothers so if an older boy had an incestuous relationship with his mother and she gave birth to his child then the younger child would have a brother who was also his father , not rocket science just plain fact.