Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Why Do It

is it a status thing or wot why does the locustfurnace have to try and have the last say on every post ? i dont think its necessary iv seen many requests that have been answered and just to have the last say loco adds some alternatives perhaps has to have the last say cuz its his site

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 28 2004, 05:02 PM
    is it a status thing or wot* why does the locustfurnace have to try and have the last say on every post* ?* i dont think its necessary iv seen many requests that have been answered and just to have the last say loco adds some alternatives* perhaps has to have the last say cuz its his site
    examples? show us some examples.
    Why start a thread such as this? for no appearant reason.
    Your not even a member, just a guest.
    Alternatives apps are useful to many people, and sometimes are better than the files the user is seeking.
    I was not aware this was your forum! Strange,... since I've never had a complaint by the owners, just some 'guest' user. Its always the guests who want to complain also.
    Glad you were able to contribute something useful to the site, this post is much more needed than fulfilling someone's file they are seeking, or another person's needing help solving a problem!

If your referring to the REQUEST board, YES! I do have many of the last posts simply because either I have fulfilled a request, or the person who started the thread never returns to say thanks for the found files, and even better, they dont fulfill the HOWTO request. So sure, I have many last thread postings! Plus I am the moderator.
    Why don't you complain about people who make pointless threads (hint! this is one of em&#33, or those members who reply with a simple single word post??
    Funny, I guess the hundreds of threads which I have answered so many questions don't amount to anything, just the simple fact I have post many 'last' replies. Don't you have anything better to do? Don't answer that, this post proves you don't.
    I sure hope someone replies in this thread too, else mine might be the last one as well, and someone might have an itch to write yet another pointless, useless thread, such as this one.

Administrator

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 28 2004, 05:02 PM
    is it a status thing or wot why does the locustfurnace have to try and have the last say on every post ? i dont think its necessary iv seen many requests that have been answered and just to have the last say loco adds some alternatives perhaps has to have the last say cuz its his site
    definition of locustfurnace, helpful ,good at searching files that requestees CANNOT find, fair and helpful moderator of the site, carries a wealth of knowledge that helps others, need i say more ? actually i could, i myself have on occasions been going to try an app from the requests section and have found from his listings many freeware titles that have helped me and a lot of my friends, without the content he adds to threads that would not have been possible or would of at least been limited to the original request, also up until a short while ago i didnt realise what a troll was now i do and i guess your one of them,ive actually studied trolls just lately and thats why ive kept this short ive discovered that trolls have 2 brain cells one for breathing and one for typing, hence why i kept it short because if you have to think too much and start typing at the same time you might just stop breathing, there are millions of stones all over the world mate why dont you just crawl back under one of them, you wont do any good here at oldversion people are far too intelligent for you, ps keep up the good work LF
    simply me

Why Do It I dont normally
    well at least I try not to get caught

Beta

LOL that link Goslow.

Personally I think these forums would be more effective if membership was a pre-requisite to posting.
    If the administrators take the time to read through the total posts (hopefully they do) a great majority are time wasting trivial nonsense. Thankfully these forums have a moderator that has the time and decency to give an informative reply to all posts whether they be genuine enquiries or re-directing ridiculous time wasters.

no seriously, I could see how a new poster/visitor to the forum may get disconcerted to find their valuable contribution in answering a request for help or file can so callously be added to so that the lights go out and their name dissapears from the front pages.
    dont worry if you make a few hundred of those contributions you maybe able to keep one or two posts up there if your lucky, then after (I'm banking on) 4 years and if you answer the request fully with all avenues & alternates covered, find all available oldversions (so we dont have a thread/request for every point change), then it can be just you and the requestor (who is unlikely to post over you with a word of thanks) and then you've DONE IT :-)
    all this assumes a guest doesnt then come & post in your thread " ne1 got oldversion of ie5 the one with the big red button i sor at my friends house".

alternately (if you want them?), you could study the forum & find periods of low activity, get up at 3am (or move to England - bring a raincoat) & post then as locustfurnace maybe slowing down as he ages & is now taking the odd nap.
    of course you could also get back at locustfurnace for being so mean, by either posting an answer first (that the requestor is happy with) or go out and find lots of old versions for the requested file & post them one at a time over locustfurnaces posts, I sure he'll really just hate that!
    I know it infuriates me when a hard to find o.v that I could waste hours looking for suddenly appears at o.v.com & denies me from researching the file,downloading,installing,cleaning up afterwards then posting. oh yeah! I get real upset.

no really seriously, by having a strong presence on the forum it is prolly saved from much fallacious posting as posters quickly realise that their incredibly valuable posting is just as quickly buried.

I have other even more serious theories ,but thats prolly just my conspiracy brain (& I'll save them just in case)

guest_andy

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Apr 28 2004, 09:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Apr 28 2004, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Apr 28 2004, 05:02 PM
    is it a status thing or wot* why does the locustfurnace have to try and have the last say on every post* ?* i dont think its necessary iv seen many requests that have been answered and just to have the last say loco adds some alternatives* perhaps has to have the last say cuz its his site
    examples? show us some examples.
    Why start a thread such as this? for no appearant reason.
    Your not even a member, just a guest.
    Alternatives apps are useful to many people, and sometimes are better than the files the user is seeking.
    I was not aware this was your forum&#33; Strange,... since I&#39;ve never had a complaint by the owners, just some &#39;guest&#39; user. Its always the guests who want to complain also.
    Glad you were able to contribute something useful to the site, this post is much more needed that fulfilling someone&#39;s file they are seeking, or another person&#39;s needing help solving a problem&#33;

If your referring to the REQUEST board, YES&#33; I do have many of the last posts simply because either I have fulfilled a request, or the person who started the thread never returns to say thanks for the found files, and even better, they dont fulfill the HOWTO request. So sure, I have many last thread postings&#33; Plus I am the moderator.
    Why don&#39;t you complain about people who make pointless threads (hint&#33; this is one of em&#33;), or those members who reply with a simple single word post??
    Funny, I guess the hundreds of threads which I have answered so many questions don&#39;t amount to anything, just the simple fact I have post many &#39;last&#39; replies. Don&#39;t you have anything better to do? Don&#39;t answer that, this post proves you don&#39;t.
    I sure hope someone replies in this thread too, else mine might be the last one as well, and someone might have an itch to write yet another pointless, useless thread, such as this one. [/b][/quote]
    I have just found this site recently and found that your ignorance is very off putting to new users.
    Maybe if you were more understanding, more people would register.
    If i wanted childish rants, i would just stay offline.

Originally posted by Unregistered guest_andy@Sep 18 2004, 08:21 PM
    I have just found this site recently... i would just stay offline.
    Ah well&#33; if that is all you are able to get from/give to this site you prolly wont be missed.
    Visitors are encouraged to explore the forum before posting.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_andy+Sep 18 2004, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_andy @ Sep 18 2004, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have just found this site recently and found that your ignorance is very off putting to new users.
    Maybe if you were more understanding, more people would register.
    If i wanted childish rants, i would just stay offline.[/b]

My ignorance? Of what&#33;? Are you saying I am ignorant of computers? software? or understanding of how difficult it is to search before posting for some poor lazy sap?
    Originally posted by -guest_andy@Sep 18 2004, 08:21 PM
    If i wanted childish rants, i would just stay offline.
    And what do you define what you posted as? Digging up a 4 month old post. A perfect example I guess.

And let me reiterate what i said above;

<!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace
    @Apr 28 2004, 09:29 PM
    Its always the guests who want to complain also.
    Glad you were able to contribute something useful to the site, this post is much more needed than fulfilling someone&#39;s file they are seeking, or another person&#39;s needing help solving a problem&#33;
    [/quote]

quit the bitching and ignore the idiot, i would just like to point out that i find this type of thing annoying sometimes when members refer to guests as lazy and things of this nature, when some of us GUESTS do help in finding files and answer questions and give help, as always the minority give the majority a bad name. anyway there are millions of starving men women and children across this world we live in why are we feeding a TROLL.