Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What programs have absolutely no adware. I dont care as much about file security as i can reformat if something goes wrong. I just dont want to be able to surf the net without getting lite up by pop ups. I was thinkin about getting a bittorrent app and just using suprnova.

RickyDee

How about linux !?!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest+Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What programs have absolutely no adware. [/b]

Many apps, more than others are ad free. Your question is wild and vague. You&#39;d need to atleast be more specific to what sort of app your inquiring about.

Originally posted by -Guest@Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM
    I just dont want to be able to surf the net without getting lite up by pop ups.
    Use Firefox or SlimBrowser, no pop-ups. Or, disable javascripting globally and you wont have pop-up issues.

Originally posted by -Guest@Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM
    I was thinkin about getting a bittorrent app and just using suprnova.
    Is your entire posting dealing with p2p apps? This is not a p2p forum, many apps are hosted here and discussed. So if this is a p2p question, then you should have narrowed down your question.

<!--QuoteBegin--RickyDee
    @Sep 28 2004, 09:52 PM
    How about linux &#33;?&#33;[/quote]
    Gnu/Linux is not a program. It is an Operating System. Most GNU apps are indeed ad free.

straight talker

Does BitTorrent contain spyware or adware?
    No, BitTorrent contains no spyware, adware, or any other kind of -ware.

Some warez sites are distributing spyware-wrapped versions of the BitTorrent installer, be careful where you get it from, you may want to check out http://www.p2pzone.com/ for p2p advice , as for pop ups, search the forums for pop up blockers as there has been many threads on the subject unless as stated you wish to use an alternative browser