Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Take this test and FIND OUT

I could lie and try and boast myself,but i wont......I only got 3/11 right

I messed up. Only 10/11. Me bad.

only people who THINK they are clever take this type of test those of us that know they are clever dont tend to bother :blink: what always puzzles me is the basic learning like , 7 days equal 1 week , 52 weeks equal 1 year, 1 year equals 365 days , but when ya try 7 days x 52 weeks it equals 364, where the bloody hells that other day gone ? :blink:

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 19 2004, 01:49 PM
    only people who THINK they are clever take this type of test those of us that know they are clever dont tend to bother :blink: what always puzzles me is the basic learning like , 7 days equal 1 week , 52 weeks equal 1 year, 1 year equals 365 days , but when ya try 7 days x 52 weeks it equals 364, where the bloody hells that other day gone ? :blink:
    It's called LEAP YEAR!!!!!!

You just put your self in the NOT CLEVER group.
    Nice going to brag then prove that you have no clue what you are talking about.

BRAVO

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 19 2004, 02:29 PM
    It's called LEAP YEAR!!!!!!
    leap year
    A calendar year containing 366 days. According to the present Gregorian calendar, all years with the date-number divisible by 4 are leap years, except century years. The latter are leap years when the date-number is divisible by 400.
    The guest was meaning, except for leap year; which has 366 days, all years have 365 days.

A common year is a calendar year of exactly 365 days and so is not a leap year. More generally it is a calendar year without intercalation.

A common year of 365 days has exactly 52 weeks and one day, so consequently the next new year is one day of the week later
    the actual time it takes for the Earth to travel around the Sun is in fact a little longer than that-about 365¼ days (365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds, to be precise).

Actually the leap year enters every 4 years.

365.2422 days is the time it takes the Earth to make 1 full trip around the Sun.

Some extra rules for Calender years

1.) Every year divisible by 4 is a leap year.
    2.) But every year divisible by 100 is NOT a leap year
    3.) Unless the year is also divisible by 400, then it is still a leap year.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html

The 52 weeks in a year is the number of FULL weeks in a year. The extra day serves to off set the year so that the date falls on the next weekday. (Every leap year it is 2 days off the last day for that date. So if March 1st 2003 is on a Saturday, then on March 1st 2004 is on a Monday {leap year 2 days later} then in 2005 March 1st will be a Tuesday.)

There is no real mystery here so long as you keep ALL the facts in mind not trying to make your idea of the facts fit the problem.

Beta

I got two wrong and I still fall for the same silly trap. For example:

Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo's son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo's Father. So who is big Eskimo ?

Originally posted by Guest+Sep 19 2004, 02:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 19 2004, 02:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Sep 19 2004, 01:49 PM
    It&#39;s called LEAP YEAR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

You just put your self in the NOT CLEVER group.
    Nice going to brag then prove that you have no clue what you are talking about.

BRAVO [/b][/quote]
    i actually never claim to clever , was i going to brag (NO) IF YOUR INTELLECTUAL LEVEL CAN IN ANY STRETCH TO IT reread what was written and you will see that i actually stated i struggled with basic learning (not true) i have probably forgot over my 19 years of being a university lecturer what it is actually like to struggle to understand things. the problem i wrote was a basic mind challenge that you yourself could not deal with, as you were so far off the mark, unless every year in your small mind is a leap year. yeah that would make things add up. so i guess you just made yourself look dumb. as for the other guys locustfurnace and pun well done lads. if i need a hand on a computer problem i will know which replies are most likely accurate.

j.y.bonner

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Sep 19 2004, 04:34 PM

Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo&#39;s son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo&#39;s Father. So who is big Eskimo ?
    the problem does not state that the big eskimo is male or female so therefore the big eskimo walking along would most likely be the little eskimos mother, or indeed could be anyone that is infact a big eskimo compared with the little eskimo.

Beta

Originally posted by Guest+Sep 19 2004, 10:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 19 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jaime Andrés@Sep 19 2004, 04:34 PM

Big Eskimo and little Eskimo were walking in the snow. Little Eskimo is Big Eskimo&#39;s son but Big Eskimo is not Little Eskimo&#39;s Father. So who is big Eskimo ?
    the problem does not state that the big eskimo is male or female so therefore the big eskimo walking along would most likely be the little eskimos mother, or indeed could be anyone that is infact a big eskimo compared with the little eskimo. [/b][/quote]
    Guest puzzled
    the problem does not state that the big eskimo is male or female so therefore the big eskimo walking along would most likely be the little eskimos mother
    Correct. Logically the only person big Eskimo could be is the Mother

or indeed could be anyone that is infact a big eskimo compared with the little eskimo.
    Incorrect. The only person that could be the little Eskimo&#39;s son is either the Father or the Mother and is was established that the big Eskimo was not little Eskimo&#39;s Father.