Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Illegal Concepts

[On a side note, if anyone knows where I could get a replacement copy of Star Wars: Rebellion without buying it new off of LucasArts.com or Amazon, please give my e-mail a ring. ] try www.ebay.com
    What I understand is He needs a Replacement, for who knows what reason, a scratched disk, lost disk, but that doesn't matter, so why would WE need to know the link? only he does, because he is the only one that I know of that can Legally Get Rebellion legally since he had Purchased a copy and just happens to break the cd, or left it in the sun...so why not just PM him the link, that way the link cannot be abused by unlicensed people?

I just don't like how everyone, and I do mean everyone makes somone guilty and then they have to PROVE their innocence, shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Somone ask for lets say a NES emulator with ROMS, now that is Legal as long as you own the Game and the console, but what happens when somone ask for a link, bam! everyone throws the Piracy Bible in their face. Piracy is a Huge problem, but deeming everyone guilty of Piracy that ask for somthing, just isn't the solution.

Here in the American Court System you are suposed to be Innocent until proven guilty, when the RIAA did the lawsuit thing, they had proof, look at the quote above he is needing a replacement for unknown reasons, he is implying he is the owner and somthing terribly wrong happend to his CD, as long as he has a license I don't see a problem giving a link to a "so called" warez site with the files, if he owns the license, then he should be entitled to download one copy, especially when the original copy is beyond the state of repair.
    Now I'm not saying that what the RIAA did was right, since they forced verison to give out PRIVATE information on THEIR customers.

Is these things the best ways to thowart Piracy? I think not. <_<

warez sites are illegal full stop. supplying links to them is not condoned at ov indeed i think it is also illegal. do you have proof of an owned licence , i think not. nobody accuses anyone of piracy. they just point out what is and isnt liked or allowed on the forums. if you have a problem with that then perhaps you are visiting the wrong place

Super Moderator

This has been discussed already many different times.

This thread is now closed.