Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

guest_sunsound

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]

Hello I just joined this NEAT site and after reading all the posts, I'm a little afraid to make a request for fear of catching hell from LocustFurnace. But..I'm going to try and follow your instructions to the letter so here goes. 1st...am I allowed to ask any questions about Outdated Programs in this part (requests) of this site? 2nd....is a request for a LEGIT OUTDATED Prog allowed at this site? By this, I mean a Prog that was offered as Pure LEGAL Freeware....or do YOU, LocustFurnace, make the decision as to what constitutes LEGIT FREEWARE?? I copied and pasted your preset outlines and hope I complied properly.
    Here goes.

Program Name: Shareware Cheater V.2.0
    Website:http://www.freeware-alternative.uni...._download.html
    Current version: 3.0
    Desired versions: 2.0
    Description: This Prog extends the "Trial Time" of a shareware program. Version 2.0 was Free but the author is now charging $39 for version 3.0. You can pay thru StormPay. LocustFurnace >>> Doesn't this OLD VERSION of a program count as an OLD VERSION of a program??

Does anyone have Version 2.0 of ShareWare Cheater?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_sunsound+Oct 18 2004, 01:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_sunsound @ Oct 18 2004, 01:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>, I&#39;m a little afraid to make a request for fear of catching hell from LocustFurnace. [/b]

If you follow the guidelines and search before posting, post accordingly, and ask for shareware and freeware, you will not have to worry about anything.

<!--QuoteBegin--guest_sunsound
    @Oct 18 2004, 01:52 AM
    By this, I mean a Prog that was offered as Pure LEGAL Freeware....or do YOU, LocustFurnace, make the decision as to what constitutes LEGIT FREEWARE?? [/quote] Being the moderator of this board, I do have to make the decisions on many things, and I also catch a lot of irate from frustrated people. The program in question is.

http://www.freeware-alternative.uni.cc/fre...s_download.html
    Shareware Cheater is one of its kind application that will let you use a TIME-LIMITED Shareware application for as long as you want, 99% Time-Limited Shareware Applications will work fine with Shareware Cheater.
    This program would be a grey area in legal standings. But since it does nothing you yourself can not do, which would be rolling back the clock on your PC, and it appearantly does not break past the encryption protection of a software or change the status of an app from being shareware a full version, the program is something I don&#39;t see any reason to not allow it. After all, you can just change the clock to extend the trial period, or reinstall the OS, & reinstall the app and get another 30days.
    Your requesting the prior Freeware version of the now pay title, its ok to ask for as well.
    The benefit of older software is from the older licensing of some titles.
    You must have read the postings and not understood that the reason many people have had their requests rejected is due to them asking for Full Versions of software.

guest_sunsound

Ok, Locustfurnace. Thanks&#33;
    Looks like I dotted all the "i&#39;s" and crossed all the "t&#39;s" properly

John2005

As the author of that site has mentioned, that it was FREE but nobody DONATED, why don&#39;t you DONATE and get that software. :huh:

Bailif

Yes I agree with John. You should PAY FOR THE SOFTWARE&#33;&#33;&#33;

Quote Originally Posted by guest_sunsound View Post
    [SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]

Hello I just joined this NEAT site and after reading all the posts, I'm a little afraid to make a request for fear of catching hell from LocustFurnace. But..I'm going to try and follow your instructions to the letter so here goes. 1st...am I allowed to ask any questions about Outdated Programs in this part (requests) of this site? 2nd....is a request for a LEGIT OUTDATED Prog allowed at this site? By this, I mean a Prog that was offered as Pure LEGAL Freeware....or do YOU, LocustFurnace, make the decision as to what constitutes LEGIT FREEWARE?? I copied and pasted your preset outlines and hope I complied properly.
    Here goes.

Program Name: Shareware Cheater V.2.0
    Website:http://www.freeware-alternative.uni...._download.html
    Current version: 3.0
    Desired versions: 2.0
    Description: This Prog extends the "Trial Time" of a shareware program. Version 2.0 was Free but the author is now charging $39 for version 3.0. You can pay thru StormPay. LocustFurnace >>> Doesn't this OLD VERSION of a program count as an OLD VERSION of a program??

Does anyone have Version 2.0 of ShareWare Cheater?
    hi! I was wondering if you had any luck finding the 2.0 version as I am also wanting it..dunno when you posted this as i don't see a date but i'll cross my fingers and hope you respond. Deana