Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

JuStAnOtHeRnAmE

when I go there using Netscape, Mozilla, and IE it says a pop-up blocker is detected, and it won't open MSN Messenger, BUT I've made sure that all three pop- up blockers for each browser are disabled. It doesn't make sense to me, but is there anything else I should disable so it allows this pop-up?

Thorpe

Can you show a screenshot? Why don't you just use MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger?

you may want to check the setting on your av scanner, i had a similar problem when using pc cillin 2000 with msn, it would not always logon or allow me to access my hotmail inbox unless i reduced the web security setting

JuStAnOtHeRnAmE

I do use MSN Messenger at home, but I'm the type of person that travels a lot. So most of the time I'm either using a library computer or one in an internet cafe somewhere. Some of these have restrictions made by Windows XP, especially the library computers, where you can't install certain programs. So this is the only reason I have to use MSN Webmessenger instead of the real MSN Messenger.

JuStAnOtHeRnAmE

you may want to check the setting on your av scanner, i had a similar problem when using pc cillin 2000 with msn, it would not always logon or allow me to access my hotmail inbox unless i reduced the web security setting
    I meant to say that in IE6 I have all of the security settings at the default setting, but should they be any different?

JuStAnOtHeRnAmE

another thing about this, everytime I use another computer, like at the library, and I go to webmessenger.msn.com in Tools>Pop-up blocker there is an option that says 'Add pop-ups from this site' but that one doesn't show when I go there on my computer.