Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Right now I have 12 running at the moment.

If you dont have a task manager to find out (For Win98,2000,etc.....) Download this (I like this very much) DOWNLOAD STARTS IMMEDIATLY WHEN CLICKED

Small,very conveinent on 98,etc......

How many process's do you have running???
    Last edited by The Dude; 02-05-2008 at 11:02 PM.

dude , why add a link that starts a download immediately , you would be far better adding a link to a page that the download is on so people can read about the app before downloading it. this way i think you would get a far better response to your posts, dont take this comment the wrong way its meant as a friendly pointer from one member to another

Sorry my friend,

It IS a good program but man does it use resources!!!!! I like how i can set all my APPS to LOW PRI,that takes some of the strain off.

Lemme know if ya like it mate!!!! Closest thing to an XP task manager (Which i hate XP with a passion)
    Last edited by The Dude; 02-05-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Beta

Agreed Dude it does use up resources which is OK if you have a hi-spec PC.

I'm with straight talker on this one about posting links, also I think LF mentioned once that the board prefers a link posted as a URL.

Anyway it's certainly on a par with XP's task manager which as you point out it can be a pain. What I hate is the dialogue box that asks if you want to sent an error report on to Microsoft. Does anyone ever send them???

I notice that DDHELP.EXE keeps popping up,i END TASK on it,it keeps coming back sometimes.........

My Ques is,why do task managers use so much resources???? I dont understand that....Is it just my computer with crappy ram to begin with??? I dont get it.....

But all the 98/2000 Task Managers i have found,i like this the best

But i still think its sad when your computer cant even handle a task manager running constantly (Even set to LOW pri)

Super Moderator

top - 01:47:14 up 30 min, 3 users, load average: 0.13, 0.08, 0.07
    Tasks: 110 total, 1 running, 109 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 1.7% us, 0.7% sy, 0.0% ni, 97.7% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% si
    Mem: 776892k total, 346860k used, 430032k free, 56380k buffers
    Swap: 530104k total, 0k used, 530104k free, 170300k cached

I only have 56796 total memory

Right now it says 0k/56796k memory (If its all used up,how am i still doing things???)

I dont undertsand it at all............

Super Moderator

If it is all used it, then it is swapping out heavily, this is why I had told you you need a set boundary limit on your swap space.
    You have a total of 64Megs of RAM, with 8 Megs being shared with the Video Memory.

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Oct 16 2004, 02:43 PM

Anyway it's certainly on a par with XP's task manager which as you point out it can be a pain. What I hate is the dialogue box that asks if you want to sent an error report on to Microsoft. Does anyone ever send them???
    dude, i just shut that of, it's nto that hard

chester_ting