Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Dvd/cd-rom

gary

hi

im running windows xp and my friend came over and we plugged his tower into all my stuff then i plugged my tower back in after he had showed me some stuff and it all worked but now my DVD/CD-ROM combo is gone!! its not in my computer where it should be... and in the 'device manager' this is what it says..

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

I click troubleshoot and it says uninstall then search for plugged in hardware that hasnt been installed and still no luck.. ran a windows xp update online and found no drivers.. i really need this working again.. i cant run cds or so anything!

this is the "driver" details..

Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver date: 1/07/2001
    Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0
    Digital signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

this is so irritating can someone please help a.s.a.p

thank you !!!

you didnt say whether the stuff you plugged in was external or internal components if you have tried this drive in a friends tower did he have to alter the jumper on the back of the drive for his tower ? has the drive been reconnected properly ?