Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot S&D

Thorpe

Why has Kazaa been removed from this site for legal reasons?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Thorpe@Sep 18 2004, 09:52 AM
    Why has Kazaa been removed from this site for legal reasons?
    Yes, read the posted links for the reason. Do not start a new thread asking for the reason, take the time to find out if the topic has been covered already. If the app has been removed, then it is likely there has already been a thread started pertaining to the removal.

Can also read a similar posting with the same reasons that were posted into this one.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=2676

If you want Kazaa Lite Ressurection, just search for that name in ANY of the old versions of Kazaa or Kazaa lite. h34r:

guest_nick

Hi guys. Trying to find the old version of kazaa lite. have looked on download.com but cant find it anymore. I know it says that its not available anymore, but have it on my old computer and it still works fine.
    Can any body please help. Thank you.

take a look on the ov start page at kazaa lite or go there with this link http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite and you will see that ov no longer archives or supplies links to this program due to legal issues with sharman networks. you may find this program by visiting a dedicated p2p site i have seen some listed in other kazaa and p2p threads but links to this program or indeed to sites with downloads for it on the main page will be removed by admin or the moderator so please save yourself the time adding any .

Super Moderator

If you had read the How to Request an App you would have learned to search before posting any requests. Following those guidelines, you would have searched, found several dozen threads. Most stating thats Kazaa will not be hosted here due to legal reasons.
    I am not sure why people can not see the Howto Request an App, its the first thread on the Request board.

Since it is has already gotten Oldversion.com into a dispute, all threads asking for Kazaa and the clones will be closed.

soundman

guys i don't see what the big deal is, get me a copy and i'll host it from my server through a link on my yahoo site... whatever

perhaps not a big deal to you, did ya read the links regarding sharman networks ? oldversion no longer archives this app, also no big deal, any one wanting this app can find it, i found it in less than two mins , how can someone get you a copy when its not allowed on the forum ? also remember revolution is the newest version of the hacked clean kazaa lite so really its not a request for OLDversion

Obviously, locustfurnace as well as other members are becoming annoyed with these posts concerning Kazaa Lite Ressurection, so please direct your attention to the "Something to be defined about klr" thread. We don't need this to be covered several times, and the topic certainly does not have to be criticized again. Last time I checked the topic was listed at the bottom of the page, though people don't want to look, so in order to avoid further hassle, I would suggest that it be a pinned topic, hopefully the moderator will agree with me on this matter. For this would truly help, "wade through the garbage".

Super Moderator

Originally posted by soundman@Oct 3 2004, 01:46 PM
    guys i don't see what the big deal is, get me a copy and i'll host it from my server through a link on my yahoo site... whatever
    If you read the pdf file, then you would not be saying "what's the big deal", the big deal may not seem an issue for someone in your position, but in the case of the owners, it is a very big deal.
    Unlike yourself, their (the owners of Oldversion) identity is not unknown. Sharman Networks' legal dept does have their names, home address and phone number, and can file a very costly lawsuit against them.
    Not only that, but if any of the software is infringing on Sharman networks software, then a federal case can be brought against them for DMCA violations. For copyright infrignements.

Yes, it is no Big Deal to someone who landed on this site and is unable to search on google and find the app elsewhere. But it is a Big Deal here, and it will not be hosted.

This thread has enough information in it that any questions should have been answered. This thread will now be closed.