Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct X

Wiseowl

Where in W98 does one look to find Direct X and where does one look to find out what version one is running?

You can simply click Start button, then run, then type <dxdiag> without the brackets,
    this will show you the version your running and much more.
    you can click no if asked any questions and still retrieve the info you require.

i have installed a lot of different windows XP versions and a lot of different Direct X 9.0 versions, and exactly after installing the direct X my computer keep on restart.

and i have a VGA ATI 64 radeon 7000 with AGP 2.

can anyone help me please

Super Moderator

After installing almost all MS Windows apps, the system has to reboot, to replace files which are in use during the installation routine. This is just the way the system works.

If the computer reboots and functions, then nothing is strange in that.

wiseowl

after checking the microsoft windows page for critical updates to my pc, a few days ago I was told there was an update for DIRECTX 9.0c (am currently running 9.0b), today when I checked it had disappearred from my critical updates to be done=and I did not download it, any ideas what may of happened?

wiseowl

Originally posted by wiseowl@Nov 30 2004, 11:09 PM
    after checking the microsoft windows page for critical updates to my pc, a few days ago I was told there was an update for DIRECTX 9.0c (am currently running 9.0b), today when I checked it had disappearred from my critical updates to be done=and I did not download it, any ideas what may of happened?
    can any1 help with this query, I&#39;m surprised that ther has been no replies?

Originally posted by wiseowl+Dec 3 2004, 05:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wiseowl @ Dec 3 2004, 05:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wiseowl@Nov 30 2004, 11:09 PM
    can any1 help with this query, I&#39;m surprised that ther has been no replies? [/b][/quote]
    I would suggest looking in the standard updates or contacting MicroSoft. Maybe they fould a problem with the 9.0c and pulled it for now.

Ryo

Do you have DirectX 9.0c ???&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Can U share for me please ???? I need to play NFSPU2, ok&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Super Moderator

try looking in the Request section for DirectXrequests

Tim

Does anyone know if it is possible to reload an old version of Directx over a newer one. For example loading 8.1 over 9.0?

I ask because I am trying to track down an obscure &#39;feature&#39; on my system, where playing a video (any media type on any media player windows media, real player, quicktime) the system locks up after the 3rd videoo play.