Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default Original Classic Yahoo Mail

Hello Everyone: I am using IE7 & firefox 2.0 I woke up the other morning (im afraid) to see that my old yahoo classic mail was changed to the New Classic Version. Now my problem is I have kinda bad eyesight and I need to use yahoo mail with the text being set at "Largest" and it worked great with the old version that I had, But not the New Classic Version displays my text in Largest, but the "From" field on my incoming email now does not display the WHOLE name, I have to click on the subject and Open it to see who sent it.
    Now if I set the displayed texted on "medium", Then I can see the full name in the From field, but its a strain on my eyes to do it that way. I would like to go back to the OLD Classic Version, Is this possible? I know there are programs that enlarge the text for you but I dont want to use them, just for this, Thanks
    PS: I attemted to Enlarge this typing but the link to enlarge did not work?????

Super Moderator

Have you made any adjustments under yahoo for the mail preferences?

If this does not work, change the way you browser handles fonts, set a minimum size to always use. Or change the resolution of your monitor, and or change the DPI your monitor displays fonts in.

Gold

Thanks, Tried what you said I had to change the text size to Medium, but for me it is hard to see. I sure miss the Largest Text size. .
    Now I found a couple more problems with the New classic yahoo. The main one is very important to me. This is what is happening now. The "Search" for Drafts does not work anymore except for the very latest drafts. I use to be able to put a subject in the subject window and then click on search Drafts and the draft would come up but it does not work any longer, I contacted yahoo and they said they are looking into it, but I think I am screwed. Anybody out there has any drafts more than a week or two old, you will be out of luck. You have to search thru them Manually, Search will not work!
    sure wish they would leave well enough alone. Thanks

What if you hold down CTRL and then press +?
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

If you use Netscape 7.2 you can use the old Yahoo.
    NS7.2 won't work with the new Yahoo but you may have a problem going back with new Yahoo cookies on file.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVersion.com Admin
    What if you hold down CTRL and then press +?
    Yes alex......

That should make things bigger!!

kicksfanscom

Default Thanks for the good info, your site is very cool.

Thanks for the good info, your site is very cool. ------ but i was a silly boy and now im banned
    Last edited by the gaffer; 08-07-2008 at 03:48 AM.