Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

semysig

Anybody know what the latest version of ACDSee "Classic" was?
    I've got 2.43. I think that was it, but hoping there's newer because I'm having a bug with the 4dos descriptions.
    I've burned zillions of files to CD, and combined new descriptions with the descript.ion file on the CD as I added more (yes I "erased" the old one first).
    It appeared to work, but I recently noticed a file here and there would be missing a description. I was sure they had one, so I looked in the file and there WAS an entry for it. I also double checked by viewing the directory with other 4dos aware progs, and the description showed fine then.
    So, I can only assume it's a bug, and I'm HOPING it was fixed in a later version.
    But, I don't want the bloated monstrosity (the one that allows plugins).
    I hate the display on it, I just want a small FAST viewer that'll show the descriptions in the file brower window like old ACDSee.

Am I S.O.L. in the name of "progress" or is there something that'll fix my prob.?

Super Moderator

Searching the forum for ACDsee brings up an existing thread in the request board, for which I have posted older releases, these are 16bit versions. These may or may not be what your asking for.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=2109

2.43 was their "Classic" I use the "Classic" version myself. Started using it on an old 486 and still use it today, mostly as a Windows Explorer/

or do you mean picaview just the right click with pic in click

I think it is 2.43 (I'm using that too, great app)

I have ACDSee Powerpack 7.0, and it is the best photo all in one suite there is, one overlooked feature that I love is it makes all of the image icons the same except it tells you what format it's in.

ACDSee Classic is version 2.44 so perhaps the bug was fixed in that version.