Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

leave_me_alone_0001

They're still in Control Panel (Add/Remove) but I don't really need them for anything..does anyone know how to get rid of them?? They won't uninstall either.. It's called "Web savings from ebates" I don't know how it got there really but it sounds like one of those spyware programs..

i believe it is spyware, web rebates is a classic one i have just finished cleaning up a pc for a friend who purchased it second user and it was full of it, i always use lavasoft adaware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ first and then spybot search and destroy after http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html after downloading and installing them check for updates before running them so they have the latest definitions .

chester_ting

Spybot & Ad-aware SE together will get rid of heaps of junk.

and if you still have a problem you should visit the Ad-Aware forums and see if they can do anything..