Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chris Allen

[FONT=Arial]Does anyone know how to (In Win98) set WMP as your default CD player. Since I have installed RealJukebox, everytime I pop in a CD RealJukebox comes up. It used to open up WMP. I want i to do that again. PLEASE HELP!!!

Beta

Does the CD have WMP in it? If it does, run it from the CD.

Beta

Originally posted by Chris Allen@Dec 26 2002, 03:30 PM
    [FONT=Arial]Does anyone know how to (In Win98) set WMP as your default CD player. Since I have installed RealJukebox, everytime I pop in a CD RealJukebox comes up. It used to open up WMP. I want i to do that again. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Are talking about Windows Media Player (WMP) 6.4 or 7?

Chris Allen

[FONT=Arial]I think I have Windows Media Player(WMP) 6.7 and I'm not putting WMP 6.7 on to my PC I put RealJukebox on there and now when I put an audio CD in RealJukebox comes up rather than WMP. What I need to know is a way to switch WMP back to default CD player(In WIN98). I know how to do it in XP but not in 98.

Light10084--unregistered

Why not use the program called CDPLAYER.exe in the C:\WINDOWS directory?

Edit the file types by going to: Start - Settings - Folder Options... Click on the third tab that says "File Types" and change the program associated with the CD audio files ".cda" to what you want.

Honestly, i hate Real to be my CD player.

Beta

Originally posted by Light10084--unregistered@Dec 27 2002, 07:50 PM
    Why not use the program called CDPLAYER.exe in the C:\WINDOWS directory?

Edit the file types by going to: Start - Settings - Folder Options... Click on the third tab that says "File Types" and change the program associated with the CD audio files ".cda" to what you want.

Honestly, i hate Real to be my CD player.
    He's right. You can edit the program that is associated with the .cda file. You can also do that with other file types.

grey

NOTE: the name descripted may not be same as in you computer since I am using non-english version windows

Chris,

click
    start menu | setting | folder options

chose the rightest tab (kinds of file)

press w to find file extension start with w

find WMP extension

click edit

click edit in the opened window

click browser and find windows media player.exe

click open files

confirm your changes

enjoy

grey

CORRECT my last post

Chris, just change to step

"find wmp extension" to "find cda extension"

the other steps are correct.

Chris Allen

[FONT=Arial]Now that I did that it doesn't auto run the CD that I put in the Drive. How do I make WMP automatically open when I pop that disk in.

Light10084

There's something wrong with the auto-disc start. I don't know how to fix that.

Another solution... Open the audio CD in Windows Explorer, and you should see .cda tracks there as files. Hold Shift and right-click them to bring up a menu containing "Open With...". Choose "Open With..." and select a program. I recomend CDPLAYER.exe in the C:\WINDOWS directory. If it's not in that list, hit "Browse". When you choose the program, check the box that says "Always open with this program". That will automatically set the file association (though, if you know what you're doing, manual is always best).

Note: If you don't see any .cda files, they might be hidden. You want to show all system and hidden files (Start Menu | Settings | Folder Options - then choose the second tab "View". It's there, somewhere).

Edit>>
    WMP 7 has CD audio support, but why would you use it? If you are going to listen to audio and not rip it, it's better to have a simple program do so. Besides, you can always run WMP 7 first, then run the CD from there.

By the way... How do you fix the auto-start for the CD's?