Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Fuel prices

Administrator

Default Fuel prices

How much are you guys paying for fuel for your vehicles and where are you all,here in Uk we are currently paying £1.37 for petrol per litre and £1.44 for diesel.
    simply me

In New Jersey (USA), it varies between $3.77 to a bit over $4.00 per gallon.
    If you look around and are willing to leave town, you may find it for a bit less...

Sorry... to lazy to convert that into pounds per liter (litre).
    Last edited by Pete; 06-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Administrator

isnt the us gallon also different to the uk as well pete.the uk gallon is 4.54 litres or approx 8 pints,im sure the us gallon is different
    simply me

Your gallon is about 1/5 greater.

Pints isn't going to work. Both systems define a pint as an eighth of a gallon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

Administrator

think if ive not bodged up the conversion that makes it roughly us gallon at £2.50 in our money which gives around figure of about 65 pence per litre,just under half of what we pay,we have a robbing government
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    think if ive not bodged up the conversion that makes it roughly us gallon at £2.50 in our money which gives around figure of about 65 pence per litre,just under half of what we pay,we have a robbing government
    Actually, New Jersey usually has lower gasoline prices than other nearby States.

While we don't have any oil wells, we have lots of refineries. Transportation costs are lower than most.

Our State gasoline tax is lower than most other nearby states, and there is no municipal gas tax... New York City cab drivers routinely cross the Hudson River (into NJ) to refuel.

UPDATE: Lowest price (locally) was $3.73 yesterday. I could do better by driving about 10 miles, but I'd probably use up the savings while making the trip..
    Last edited by Pete; 06-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.