Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Downloads

Cameron T

hey can somebody help me out on how to use supernova? when i download something.. it says something about a torment file or something? somebody plz reply back!

check out the programs help files if this does not answer your question a good idea with any app is to check the developers website for information and help on using it.others may offer other advice but you should really add more info when seeking advice as many members and guests alike may have never of heard of the app you mention

Super Moderator

Yea, the file might be a torment, but it is actually a torrent file. This system must then use Bit Torrent technology. This is alittle different than p2p programs, like kazaa. For more information on the technology, as I always say, which is reflected by straight_talker also, check the developers sites.

Some places you might find help is; ofcourse, on the Offical Bit Torrent site

You can find some Bit Torrent clients in the previous post on filesharing;
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1530

dotcot1

hi there first time on.

can anyone help, i am new to this download business can anyone tell me where i can download movies and music without having to sign up. i was using suprnova but as its closed down i downt know where else to look.

any help would i would be very greatfull...

cheers dotcot1

read through past threads for kazaa and many alternative p2p programs have been listed in those threads, as well as links to dedicated file sharing forums such as www.p2pzone.com where you will far better help on filesharing as members here at ov for the most part do not use such programs

junmatt

how about the bittorent, is it recommended

Originally posted by junmatt@Feb 7 2005, 02:59 PM
    how about the bittorent, is it recommended
    another internet scrounger