Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

zool

looking for a copy of the last version of vivoactive producer. was produced by http://www.vivo.com was bought up and made obsolete by real producer folk.

have old viv clips i want to play with.

peace,

zool

these can be played back by the vivoactive power player http://www.real.com/vivo/index.html although this is not a free download, was it ever ?

Super Moderator

Please fill out the necessary info as posted in the Howto Request an App. Which happens to be pinned and the first topic on this board.

guest_zool

Program Name: vivoactive producer

Website: http://www.vivo.com [vivoactive producer 2.0 - i think this was the last version vivo made]
    i suppose because real purchased vivo the current website is http://www.real.com

Current version: [vivoactive producer 2.0 - was the last version made by vivo??]

Desired versions: free beta versions of vivoactive producer

Description: this was vivo's producer version - it could create and edit viv/vivo files, it could presumably convert a viv/vivo file to an avi, and it could join and split viv/vivo files and in many ways could do with viv files and its H.723 and H.623 codecs what virtualdub can do with .avi files.

in answer to straight talker: just like there was always free versions of real player and real producer there were free versions of vivoactive player and vivoactive producer. later versions of the vivoactive producer were pricy costing $600 - $800 and $500 or more for updates.

information can be left on this board or emailed to me at zzoooll@hotmail.com

thanx folks,

zool

Internet Reviews
    VivoActive Producer (MAC/WIN) (*)

Serving video on the Web is problematical due to the large size of digital video files, and the need to download all or most of the video before the user can begin viewing it. This problem has been addressed with VivoActive Producer, which compresses AVI and QuickTime videos by as much as 200:1, without the use of specialized hardware or expensive server software. VivoActive Producer makes it possible to stream video to a user's browser so that it begins playing almost immediately, even over a modem connection. It's sort of like stepping into a shower rather than waiting for a bath.

Users compress videos using a simple and speedy conversion process, with user-selectable options. These compressed low-bathwidth streaming video and audio files can be embedded into standard Web pages using standard HTML commands. The file format uses standard HTTP, so it is treated like any other Web data type. Free VivoActive Player software, in the form of an Internet browser plug-in, is available for Windows and Macintosh users of Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Well over 1000 Web sites include VivoActivated videos including CNN, MSNBC, HBO, BBC, and C/NET. This is a fairly remarkable record considering that the software has only been commercially available since September, 1996. $695

how long ago are we talking of when vivoactive producer was free then

Super Moderator

Originally posted by straight talker@Jan 11 2005, 07:35 PM
    The VivoActive Producer 1.5 was available in special demo version for Power Macintosh free of charge.

guest_zool

my memory isn't that great especially because internet products dramatically changed. i am guessing, some recollection of them, that beta versions of vivoactive producer were available probably from 1994 to 1995, until the first commercial version of VivoActive Producer was produced. They could have been produced earlier but i don't believe so.

vivo software inc, organized in 1992, was the owner of www.vivo.com until vivo's purchase in 1998 by realnetworks.

peace,

zool

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Jan 11 2005, 08:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Jan 11 2005, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--straight talker@Jan 11 2005, 07:35 PM
    The VivoActive Producer 1.5 was available in special demo version for Power Macintosh free of charge.[/b][/quote]Sorry no luck in finding file (i do have one hand tied behind my back) but apparently v2.0 was also available as trail (watermarked) for both PC & Mac also free beta (what limits on that I dont know).
    anyway the most likely file name is vivoprod.exe