Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Lack Of Updates

Hey everyone,

First of all - I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone who is a part of the OldVersion.com forums community. It's still growing, but locust is doing a good job in moderating the forums and providing very helfpul information, and fullfilling requests for those in need. I am pleased with how the forums are turning out, but more steps need to be made to ensure the quality of posts and the overall discussions on the forums. Please use common sense when creating a thread, and please read some of the guidelines locust may outline for you in creating threads in various sub forums. Also, the search feature puts a pretty hefty load on the mySQL database of the server for the whole forum, and it's there for a reason - for you guys to use it. Please utilize the search option whenever possible, and make sure you select to search all the posts as many questions and requests may have been answered before. It is alright to repost a thread if the content is no longer up to date, or some request links aren't working - but please use your common sense. If there is a thread on a similar topic on that page, there's no need to create another one.

Another issue is the lack of updates on the main web site, and for that Igor and I apologize. We're still working on various things under wraps, and also live very busy lives. Your submissions are not lost, but if you guys want to hold off on some of the files you submit that might be a better idea to give us more time to catch up when we finally get the flow of updates back in gear. We've also had various legal issues to be dealt with, and that is the reason why some of the programs are no longer available for download. As soon as we perform some more maintence on the server to make sure we're able to handle the amount of bandwidth coming in better, and also have better stability on our site - we'll try to do updates are regularly as we possibly can.

I hope you guys can understand that with the amount of bandwidth such a site requires, and the limited resources that we have to work with such difficulties with falling behind on updates can occur. I apologize to the community, and assure you that the site owners have not turned its back on our web site and goals that this site was originally created with. Changes will be coming, even if it takes us a little while to get back on track.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Originally posted by ABlix@Jan 11 2005, 11:35 PM
    if you guys want to hold off on some of the files you submit that might be a better idea to give us more time to catch up when we finally get the flow of updates back in gear.
    Can I hold onto my money as well or is that still okay to archive at O.V.com

Originally posted by Goslow+Jan 17 2005, 01:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ Jan 17 2005, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ABlix@Jan 11 2005, 11:35 PM
    if you guys want to hold off on some of the files you submit that might be a better idea to give us more time to catch up when we finally get the flow of updates back in gear.
    Can I hold onto my money as well or is that still okay to archive at O.V.com [/b][/quote]
    you are a cheeky one gozzy

Release Candiate 1

As a relative new visitor or member to this site, I certainly appreciate
    the update etc. Thank You Very Much for both the helpful site and you words.

chester_ting

Nice to hear some news ABlix.

hey man nice to hear from you and know that things are going well, but take a little credit and wouldnt worry about the updates, this whole site is only made possible by what you have already done and the hard work you guys and the moderator puts in, its a fantastic site and the best forums on the www at this point in time ,and to know that your still working on things for the site means it will only get better and its already the best so, YES ,although it doesnt get often mentioned you are doing a brilliant job and very much appreciated for what you do ,, alll the best , S T