Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moe

OK, this is an unusual request, but I thought I'll give it a shot.

Back in 1996 I found a program online that allowed you to store data on plain paper. How? It prints a pattern of dots, using the entire page, which represent your data. When you need to read your data back, you simply scan the page and the program re-creates the data. So it basically works like a barcode, but using a full page. The idea is that this technique is future-proof, because we always going to have paper and scanners (I guess they "forgot" the program itself ties you to Win9x). I can't remember how much data you can put on one A4 page, but I think it was at most a few megs.

Now, in this age of CD and DVD recorders, this program is useless (which is why they dissapeared, I guess). I'm looking for this program out of pure curiousity, not for any practical use.

So if anyone knows anything about this program/company, any info will be much appreaciated.

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread. If you can atleast fill it in to the best of your ability, it may serve to be very helpful in your search

Mudley

Moe,

I remember this program and probably have it in my file storage. However, I am sure I did not file it with a description, but by name only. Is there any way you can remember a part of it's name?

Mudley

Do you mean INTACTA.CODE allows up to 110KB (ballpark figure as alot depends on compression etc) of digital data to be printed on a single page in a pattern of black and white dots.

or perhaps not ;)