Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Old Version Napster

I love using the Old Napster version to play my music. It may be old but it's laid out better than any of the others.
    However I have a problem that I can't solve. When I download music files I put them into the file Napster/myfiles.
    When I open up the old Napster to play them, some of songs don't show up. I go to Explorer and look in Napster/myfiles, and the songs are there. I look at the song file properties and don't find any difference from any of the other songs. Has anyone had this problem? I have sorted the songs in alphabetic order when I go to play them to be sure that they are not there.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkaram View Post
    I love using the Old Napster version to play my music. It may be old but it's laid out better than any of the others.
    However I have a problem that I can't solve. When I download music files I put them into the file Napster/myfiles.
    When I open up the old Napster to play them, some of songs don't show up. I go to Explorer and look in Napster/myfiles, and the songs are there. I look at the song file properties and don't find any difference from any of the other songs. Has anyone had this problem? I have sorted the songs in alphabetic order when I go to play them to be sure that they are not there.
    Were the files all mp3s? That might have something to do with it.

I remember Napster always had trouble reading files that weren't mp3s. Another issue might be that you could have misplaced certain files to other locations than your designated "MyFiles" folder. Another thing is, the files could be corrupted, or ripped in a new way that Napster simply can't read them anymore, this has actually happened to me before as well.

And I agree with you, Napster 7 thru 10, was the best music player, based on sheer simplicity of design layout and organization of files & file information. I really wish it was still compatible with Windows 7, I seem to be having trouble opening it in 7 outright. Even with all the old tricks I used to use to bypass the reg info. It glitches hopelessly.

Default Man errs as long as he strives

Even with an older computer running Windows 2000, I found that version 9 doesn't seem nearly as bloated as certain older versions, and it's new enough to get security updates.