Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nero Software

gilloz

I don't want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version. Installed it but I can't run it until I pay $50 online. Is that how oldversion.com works? You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?). Can someone educate me, please.

Super Moderator

I take it you never used Nero before, or, read the Oldversion's Nero info page.
    Oldversion.com does not develop these programs. This is an archive for software. If you are paying for any licenses, you would be paying the developer, in this case, Ahead (Nero), for the license fee, not Oldversion.com.
    Some of the titles archived here are freeware and some are shareware.

Ajay

But is there a place (not necesarily on oldversion.com) where we can get a serial for free?

Super Moderator

Why bother when you can download and use Freeware apps.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry6158

Release Candiate 2

Or buy an old version of Nero from ebay (you can get version 4 for about £4 now - maybe less) and use the serial number from that to get a discount when upgrading. Saves well over half the price!

seaweed

You think thats bad, I bought an asus external CD-RW as my small laptop dosent have one, It came with Nero soft wear, when i installed it, it wouldent work at all as i have SP2 update. The downloads from the Nero site dont help either just tells me to buy Nero.
    Before this i bought a Freecom for my last laptop, that had Roxo same storey but at least that pretended to work but wasent worth the time it took to install.
    Now i would avoid either of them compleat rip off and there is far better soft wear about either free working trial or for about $10 paid

Super Moderator

You could try some of the freeware titles posted in above link.

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html also check the link at the bottom of this freeware page for shareware titles

aladdinnas

Originally posted by gilloz@Feb 7 2005, 03:59 PM
    I don't want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version. Installed it but I can't run it until I pay $50 online. Is that how oldversion.com works? You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?). Can someone educate me, please.
    download the latest version and try this for registration

removed ~locustfurnace

aladdinnas

Originally posted by aladdinnas+Mar 11 2005, 11:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aladdinnas @ Mar 11 2005, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--gilloz@Feb 7 2005, 03:59 PM
    I don&#39;t want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version.Â* Installed it but I can&#39;t run it until I pay &#036;50 online.Â* Is that how oldversion.com works?Â* You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?).Â* Can someone educate me, please.
    download the latest version and try this for registration

removed ~locustfurnace [/b][/quote]
    ????
    oh...not allowed here eh...
    jus go to
    and type in the version u have
    make sure u got anti-virus on, u can easily get trojan of it