Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Winzip

btrevet

what version of winzip for old computer-PentiumŪprosser,64MB RAM,32bit,BIOS date 12\04\96. thats all I know,just learning. This is to support microsoft outlook 97.

Super Moderator

In the past, I've used up to version 7 of winzip on a Pentium 200Mhz. It really should not matter to much what version you use. If a zip program requires more power than what you, then thats just pure bloat.

You may want to consider using 7-zip for zipping your files. It is free, small and fast. Plus can do RAR files.
    http://www.7-zip.org/

guest_btrevet

Thanks,Will tell my friends about this site. I know of one that will be a real asset. She likes to help out. I don't know much, but I think WINZIP 8.1 SR-1 is compatable with Outlook 2000 and 2002, and in need of a faster prosser. Thanks again btrevet

Ive never understood why win-zip exists?? when a download arrives just clic "open" far less complicated !!
    Talking of which, im a guest, where can i find a place to register? must i use winzip ???!!

Seaweed

Super Moderator

Windows XP might be able to decode compressed archives, but not all versions of Windows support this. So a third-party compression utility is required.

XP built in zip support sucks, as does WinZip. Use WinRAR.

imperial

ME also has zip support, but it isn't very good. All versions of winzip shold work on an old computer. Quarterdeck zip-it and winrar are the only other compression programs I've used, and they are very good.

it has to be 7zip all the way http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/download...ader/fwzip.html mess with the rest but download the best.