Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trojan Remove

Search trojan remove!I nonspek english.I'm italian.help insection the link!

Super Moderator

try this site, I believe it is an online Trojan scanner.
    http://www.trojanscan.com/

Grease Monkey

nice Good link

Fantastic link. Thanks locustfurnace. Now I know I am 'clean'.

Super Moderator

good to know it is useful
    here is another security test site. this will test your Internet Explorer for weaknesses that can be exploited.
    good to know if the IE has known problems, and then you can patch it.
    http://webtest.scanit.be/bcheck/

CALM

This brings up a subject that I was emailing someone about this week--- I do not have IE on my computer, only Netscape so I cannot do Critical (or any ) updates from MS.
    Would I be unable to get exploited by some of the IE weaknesses?
    Norton says that port 135 is open even though I installed the update. Also cannot run the scans. I always thought that all of the vulnerabilities were the same on both browsers. Are they?
    Thanks,Chris

Super Moderator

Originally posted by CALM@Sep 22 2003, 08:59 PM
    This brings up a subject that I was emailing someone about this week--- I do not have IE on my computer, only Netscape so I cannot do Critical (or any ) updates from MS.
    Would I be unable to get exploited by some of the IE weaknesses?
    Norton says that port 135 is open even though I installed the update. Also cannot run the scans. I always thought that all of the vulnerabilities were the same on both browsers. Are they?
    Thanks,Chris
    Did you use Win98lite, or IEradicator to remove IE? Remember also , that IE is built into the Operating System,. if you ever used the filemanager - "Windows Explorer" you can use that to surf the net, even without having the IE face on the window box.

Netscape and IE would have different exploits, Since they are different code bases. They could suffer from the same exploits, and at the same time also suffer from other exploits. the real bottom line is, that your running these programs, even if they are really secure, on a Windows Platform. Which is always running into problems with new found holes and new found exploits.

You would need to run a firewall to close or stealth the open ports. Due to Microsofts insistance on leaving certain ports open. when they know not all systems will be used in the office where they are protected (behind firewalls) and monitored by qualified individuals.
    I think it would be easier for an Admin to open a certain port, then for millions of people to learn they got ones open, after its too late.

Here's another browser scanner with user selected individual tests some specific to I.E.
    This is the first one I've seen that told me the truth (instead of just trying to scare the cr*p out of me) about the test Titled:
    C Drive Information Can your C Drive be shown...?
    Internet Explorer Only

http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy/

B.T.W. locustfurnace your security test prompted this file *:\windows\*\mshta.exe to attempt to access internet (blocked by firewall) didnt let it of course (till I know more)but interesting ,few other holes aswell I guess thats the price I pay for using an (patched) old version lol better than -Unhappy IE6-'s problems ;-)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Sep 23 2003, 06:24 AM
    C Drive Information* Can your C Drive be shown...?
    Internet Explorer Only

http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy/

I been to this site, I do believe that the show C drive is only html or javascript, which does not reveal anything to other people. Just to yourself. I used to see this trick used on alot of web sites many moons ago.
    basically all it is a a html code that reads as so.
    see my files here
    so if you enter this in a html editor, and run and click on the link, it will just open the C: drive on your computer, and only you will see the contents
    ofcourse there most likely are other sorts of code that might grab info, one good reason to disable javscripting

you can learn alittle more about the mshta.exe here
    http://www.nsclean.com/psc-htas.html

Yes scary looking stuff though exploring further if I understand correctly (which I doubt lol) the jury is still out on whether it is a hole or not . Anyway the firewall prevents its access to net so I wont panic. ahhh! more study:-) Thanks Microsoft!
    B.T.W. still exists with X.P!