Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

madbono

I play an old mah-jongg game ver 5.1.30 and I got a message saying I set a world record and to email my results to DetlevSchm@CompuServe.com. The address is dead but I am wondering if the game is still supported. I doubt that I really hold a world record but I would like to compare my results anyways. If anyone remebers this and can help please reply. Thanks

Originally posted by madbono@Mar 12 2005, 12:14 AM
    I play an old mah-jongg game ver 5.1.30 and I got a message saying I set a world record and to email my results to DetlevSchm@CompuServe.com. The address is dead but I am wondering if the game is still supported. I doubt that I really hold a world record but I would like to compare my results anyways. If anyone remebers this and can help please reply. Thanks
    unless you are extremely fast at learning and very talented i would very much doubt it was a world record especially if it is an older version of the game as people will of been playing it for ages and records would of been smashed over and over many times many game titles mahjong included set a score level when made that could be a record and so all scores over this are reported as such. keep at it though you may one day break the record for that version although i could not find any records for high scores maybe some one will come along who can

Super Moderator

It could very well have been a marketing ploy, to get you to upgrade (spend more money) for new levels, since you defeated the world record - at that level only. Sounds like a ploy to me. Not saying you couldn't hold a world record, you could, but I'd just play the game.
    If you want to match your skills, try using an online gaming system to compare your skills with others.

just google mahjong high scores and have a read many of the online gaming sites have high scores available