Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Eprompter

dchiass

The current release is version2.0 build 2.0 but I am looking for the OLD one. The new one does not work properly viz composing Email from within it.

Thanks.

Typo in Subject, it should read Eprompter.

Originally posted by dchiass@Feb 22 2005, 02:47 PM
    The current release is version2.0 build 2.0 but I am looking for the OLD one. The new one does not work properly viz composing Email from within it.

Thanks.

Typo in Subject, it should read Eprompter.
    you seem to have missed the pinned topic HOW TO REQUEST AN APP ?

dchiass

Thanks for the comment. It was not helpful.

I reviewed the How to and a few more posts. Englighten me on how mine differs.

If I missed "something" and you are the moderator then it wud make sense for you to offer a comment where I dropped the ball.

Other than that it was NOT helpful to the new forum posters such as myself.

Super Moderator

If you read the 'Howto Request an App', you will noticed that the layout specifies to include everything in the template. This is not just a suggestion, this is the way it works out the best.
    You are missing the webpage, where can one find the current version of such an app?
    Second, you are missing a description, what does this app do?
    If I go looking for this app, and I run across a similar title which has the same FILENAME, not program name, and that program is designed for adding mailto to HTML, would this be correct?
    The 'Howto Request an App' was written because it contains exactly what was found to be necessary for locating the files someone seeks - quickly. After a few years, it has been working well when followed.
    Plus it allows for future users to get a quick idea of the what the program is. Since this is a community board, the more info used the better it helps everyone.

dchiass

Thank you. Your explantion is more complete but I don't think you looked at my initial request.

1.it is a EMAIL NOTIFIER. That was put in my Description.
    2.I put in the version in my initial post
    3.their site is http://www.eprompter.com

Ooops, I missed item #3. My mistake. Other items I missed?

Thanks

Super Moderator

Putting your description in the subject does not count, as it usually can and does get changed to make it search friendly. As most do not use those items appropriately they are mostly ignored.
    You did not mention which version your seeking. Stating "the OLD one" does not make it easier to find the one you prefer. 1 point different? or more
    Plus adding a description -such as some clues about the app, not a generalized category of the app. Is it a perl script, a gui app an add on? You made mention of composing e-mail within it. Many notifiers are just that, a pop-up which states, You Got Mail, but thats it.
    Not sure why you objected to following a template, it was made to make it simpler for people; those requesting and those seeking.

good luck.

ePrompter v1.02

Download EPrompter v2.0 SR18 an earlier version,than current, (not verified) though pcworld descriptions are usually reliable.