Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lime Wire

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 1 2005, 07:05 AM
    i personally would love to see the looks on their faces when the iraa bang at the door to arrest them and seize their computer.
    The RIAA has no arrest powers, they're just a copyright protection house, they neither can make nor enforce laws, hence they lobby. What they do is track down those downloading/uploading copyrighted material, the RIAA's lawyers then inform a judge of copyright violations, seeking a court order to obtain the users name and address from the ISP. Then they seek a court hearing.

Not all music downloading is illegal either. It all depends on who owns the copyright and how they decide to have their music distributed. The OpenBSD OS project, also releases a song each time their OS is released. The song is freely downloadable.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 1 2005, 08:45 AM

Not all music downloading is illegal either.
    i dont remember saying it was ? what i stated was downloading copyrighted material was illegal,had you not been so eager to once again have that final word and add to your over inflated post count you would of had the time to read and digest what was written

Super Moderator

Yes, my post count is over inflated. When you are the mod on a board your post count will climb higher as well. Lets not forget the years I been mod on this board, and the hundreds of requests fulfilled.
    Why don't you actually read all my postings before making assumptions.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 1 2005, 07:20 PM
    Yes, my post count is over inflated.
    Why don't you actually read all my postings before making assumptions.
    why would i want to read so many unnecessary comments i havent made any assumptions either i have been reading way back over the last couple weeks and many of your comments jump out plain that they are unnecessary and either already covered or off the mark slightly,many have put in the request board to follow the pinned topic when making requests and then you add and dont forget to search before posting.totally unnecessary as Your pinned topic has this written in it, you may well be a site mod but you may want to think a little more before you add dribble to threads and have a dig at folk who are only doing the same as you do yourself,you made the assumption that my post meant all music downloading was illegal when in fact it didnt,and you then assume i make assunptions about your post count if you cannot stand to be critisised when your wrong then dont point the finger at others mate.my apologies to others for dragging this thread off topic but this guy needed a reality check and obviously took offence.

Super Moderator

No offense taken. Years of running the board, I encounter many, many "guest" users who have a grudge against what I do on the board. Does not bother me. You'll sit on the board for a few weeks, shooting out little digs then be gone, an another will be here to replace you.

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 2 2005, 08:59 AM
    . Years of running the board, I encounter many, many "guest" users who have a grudge against what I do on the board. Does not bother me. You'll sit on the board for a few weeks, shooting out little digs then be gone, an another will be here to replace you.
    another presumption i been sitting on this board close on 3 and a half years and most likely will be another 3 if its still up and running youre wrong to assume all guests are the same fly in fly out and be gone.making observations and pointing out stuff is not little digs as you put it it is raising valid points which others im sure have noticed. you really should take that chip off youre shoulder fella it doesnt suit you i have no grudges with any folk any where you just need to not have a grudge when GUEST posters point out things where you are wrong , being a mod or member doesnt make you superior to anyone.

First off, its the RIAA...not the iraa. The fact you got that wrong tells me you know little about what they actually do, and any success or failure they're having. They're filing lawsuits every day are they??? Yet another ignorant statement. If you would have followed the link you might have learned a thing or two.