Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prevention DS-2200 Upper Arm blood Pressure software

I own a Prevention Ultima Upper-Arm Blood Pressure Monitor DS-2200. One of its features is an USB port for downloading data to my PC. Problem is that it did not come with the software/driver to interface with it. And yet even worse I cannot find it anywhere. I contacted the company Mark of Fitness and I was told that the software was no longer available as it was comprimised. I am not sure what that means but it was their explanation.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Default prevention ds-2200 driver file

I believe you are looking for the Com2kXP.inf file (it works on vista and prior versions of windows, but not windows 7).

The contents look like this:
    ;************************************************* *****************************
    ;* SANYO USB COM Port INF file for Window 2000/XP/Vista *
    ;* Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Insight international corp. *
    ;* *
    ;* com2kXP.inf USB CDC device inf file *
    ;************************************************* *****************************
    ;* Base: UsbCommW2kStd INF file *
    ;* Revision History: *
    ;* Date Ver. Who What *
    ;* ----------+---------+-----------+----------------------------------------- *
    ;* 2002/10/16 1.0.0.0 Y.Suzuki Initial revision *
    ;* 2007/04/25 2.0.0.0 M.Matsudo Windows Vista support *
    [Version]
    Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
    Class=Ports
    ClassGuid={4D36E978-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Provider=%Mfg%
    DriverVer=04/25/2007,2.00.00.0000

[Manufacturer]
    %Mfg% = Insight

[Insight]
    %Device%=USBSER.Install, USB\VID_1247&PID_00F8

; Install class "Ports"
    ;----------------------------------------------------------
    [ClassInstall]
    AddReg=PortsClass.AddReg

[PortsClass.AddReg]
    HKR,,,,%PortsClaOssName%

[ClassInstall32.NT]
    AddReg=PortsClass.NT.AddReg

[PortsClass.NT.AddReg]
    HKR,,,,%PortsClassName%
    HKR,,Icon,,"-23"
    HKR,,Installer32,,"MsPorts.Dll,PortsClassInstaller "

[USBSER.Install.NTx86]
    include=mdmcpq.inf
    CopyFiles=FakeModemCopyFileSection
    AddReg=ComPort.AddReg.NTx86

[ComPort.AddReg.NTx86]
    HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"MsPorts.dll,SerialPortPropP ageProvider"

[USBSER.Install.NTx86.Services]
    include=mdmcpq.inf
    AddService=usbser, 0x00000002, LowerFilter_Service_Inst

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Strings

[Strings]
    Mfg="Prevention."
    Device="HDMS"
    PortsClassName="HDMS"

The contents end with and include the last blank line. I believe if you paste the contents above into a notepad file, save the file and change the name to Com2kXP.inf you might have what you need. good luck.

Default Thanks

I wrote the file as described, but now what do I do with it? Isn't an .INF file associated with an .EXE/.COM file or atleast a driver?

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jpr9845 View Post
    I own a Prevention Ultima Upper-Arm Blood Pressure Monitor DS-2200. One of its features is an USB port for downloading data to my PC. Problem is that it did not come with the software/driver to interface with it. And yet even worse I cannot find it anywhere. I contacted the company Mark of Fitness and I was told that the software was no longer available as it was comprimised. I am not sure what that means but it was their explanation.

If the software is compromised as vendor claims go back to the manufacturer and ask for product support,if you go to their site you maybe able to download any device drivers directly by putting your device serial into search or going to downloads or support for your device.
    If your supplier cannot supply a required driver or says that such is compromised my first reaction would be to ask for my money back as it is sold as knowingly faulty or inoperable to begin with as is implied by their excuse as its not able to do what is advertised.
    I personally would not endeavour to try doing any workaround on software or files that have anything to do with blood pressure monitors in-case readings are then inaccurate or compromised as an effect,no one wants to be the cause of someone's heart attack or stroke.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    If the software is compromised as vendor claims go back to the manufacturer and ask for product support,if you go to their site you maybe able to download any device drivers directly by putting your device serial into search or going to downloads or support for your device.
    If your supplier cannot supply a required driver or says that such is compromised my first reaction would be to ask for my money back as it is sold as knowingly faulty or inoperable to begin with as is implied by their excuse as its not able to do what is advertised.
    I personally would not endeavour to try doing any workaround on software or files that have anything to do with blood pressure monitors in-case readings are then inaccurate or compromised as an effect,no one wants to be the cause of someone's heart attack or stroke.
    I have read up on the BP monitor you have and the drivers are factory install only as can be read on description ,so it should just plug and play without need of further drivers,
    http://b4tea.com/technical/preventio...ssure-monitor/
    If such drivers are not pre-installed in the factory then you have been sold a lemon and should in the first instance refer back to vendor for a refund,as the product is defective and does not meet your requirements .

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by execucaremn View Post
    I believe you are looking for the Com2kXP.inf file (it works on vista and prior versions of windows, but not windows 7).

The contents look like this:
    ;* SANYO USB COM Port INF file for Window 2000/XP/Vista *
    ;* Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Insight international corp. *
    ;* *
    ;* com2kXP.inf USB CDC device inf file *
    ;* Base: UsbCommW2kStd INF file *
    ;* Revision History: *
    ;* Date Ver. Who What *
    ;* ----------+---------+-----------+----------------------------------------- *
    ;* 2002/10/16 1.0.0.0 Y.Suzuki Initial revision *
    ;* 2007/04/25 2.0.0.0 M.Matsudo Windows Vista support *
    [Version]
    Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
    Class=Ports
    ClassGuid={4D36E978-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Provider=%Mfg%
    DriverVer=04/25/2007,2.00.00.0000

[Manufacturer]
    %Mfg% = Insight

[Insight]
    %Device%=USBSER.Install, USB\VID_1247&PID_00F8

; Install class "Ports"
    ;----------------------------------------------------------
    [ClassInstall]
    AddReg=PortsClass.AddReg

[PortsClass.AddReg]
    HKR,,,,%PortsClaOssName%

[ClassInstall32.NT]
    AddReg=PortsClass.NT.AddReg

[PortsClass.NT.AddReg]
    HKR,,,,%PortsClassName%
    HKR,,Icon,,"-23"
    HKR,,Installer32,,"MsPorts.Dll,PortsClassInstaller "

[USBSER.Install.NTx86]
    include=mdmcpq.inf
    CopyFiles=FakeModemCopyFileSection
    AddReg=ComPort.AddReg.NTx86

[ComPort.AddReg.NTx86]
    HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"MsPorts.dll,SerialPortPropP ageProvider"

[USBSER.Install.NTx86.Services]
    include=mdmcpq.inf
    AddService=usbser, 0x00000002, LowerFilter_Service_Inst

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Strings

[Strings]
    Mfg="Prevention."
    Device="HDMS"
    PortsClassName="HDMS"

The contents end with and include the last blank line. I believe if you paste the contents above into a notepad file, save the file and change the name to Com2kXP.inf you might have what you need. good luck.
    Don`t believe our friend needs a USB driver, but the 20MB of software supposedly pre-installed in factory for the monitoring of 2x60 readouts on graphical interface,it may well be that the device was not pre-installed with required software or that it has been corrupted/compromised as was the excuse given,USB driver.inf would be a minute part of the 20mb supposedly pre-installed to run device under PnP.

Default Monitor DS-2200 software/driver.rar

Quote Originally Posted by jpr9845 View Post
    I own a Prevention Ultima Upper-Arm Blood Pressure Monitor DS-2200. One of its features is an USB port for downloading data to my PC. Problem is that it did not come with the software/driver to i17.174nterface with it. And yet even worse I cannot find it anywhere. I contacted the company Mark of Fitness and I was told that the software was no longer available as it was comprimised. I am not sure what that means but it was their explanation.

I have the software file in a .rar file that is 17.174kb. It works great. If we can figure a way to get it to you, it's yours, too

hello zebraloc

you can upload it to the site if you want

thanks!

Default Monitor DS-2200 software/driver.rar

How do I get permission to post attachments? I do not have permission now

Administrator

Hi Zebraloc have you tried the Upload software link from the homepage ??
    simply me