Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DarkHorse

Have installed eTrust 2005 PestPatrol Anti Spyware version 5.0.0.0., and when I download the updates and check immediatley after this to see if anymore updates are required, it downloads the same updates over and over again, checking the tech support of the manufacturer has proved pointless, they can't help??????????
    Can anyone out there in cyberland assist, thanks?

after downloading the updates is it actually installing them ? you may just need to reboot your system after an update to make them take effect , many programs need you to reboot after an update.

darkhorse

after i downloaded the updates, wouldn't i receive a message telling me to reboot my pc?

i havent run that particular software so couldnt say for definite whether it should or should not display this message

Super Moderator

Originally posted by DarkHorse@Mar 15 2005, 03:33 AM
    I download the updates and check immediatley after this to see if anymore updates are required, it downloads the same updates over and over again,
    Sounds like the problem is not really a problem. Just don't check for updates once you checked for updates, not until you reboot or restart the app.
    Its likely, the program is storing the info on its current status in memory, so it keeps looking at the same info, you may not need to reboot, but atleast shutdown the program, restart it.
    Why are you checking for updates after downloading updates?

darkhorse

i was checking for updates again after i downloaded updates, due to the fact that I wasnt receiving any message to say my updates were up 2 date like my antivirus software tells me when i've updated and if i go to upload updates again with the antivirus software program.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by darkhorse@Mar 21 2005, 11:56 PM
    wasnt receiving any message to say my updates were up 2 date
    Not all programs work the same. So do, some don't say, the system is now up to date.

Have a look in the programs toolbar menus it may tell you what spyware database version it is using if this is the same as being offered on the developers update page (if there is one) then there is no need to update.