Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

poo

I have a problem with my device system, it says i need to troubleshoot to fix the problem. It ask's me to uninstall the
    device but the problem is, that i don't have the hardware to reinstall. Could there be anyway i could by pass that without uninstalling the hardware''and keep my computer in tack?
    The hardware is Communcations Port. On the system properties it is lined up like this.

Ports (Com&LPT)
    Communcation Port (and this is the one that i am haveing trouble with)
    Communcation Port (Com2)
    Communcation Port (Com5)

Any suggestions would be real appreciated
    :unsure:

Originally posted by poo@Apr 4 2005, 12:23 PM
    I have a problem with my device system, it says i need to troubleshoot to fix the problem. It ask's me to uninstall the
    device but the problem is, that i don't have the hardware to reinstall. Could there be anyway i could by pass that without uninstalling the hardware''and keep my computer in tack?
    The hardware is Communcations Port. On the system properties it is lined up like this.

Ports (Com&LPT)
    Communcation Port (Com2)
    Communcation Port (Com5)

how long have you had this problem ? it seems you are not very computer minded ? if you are having tropuble with this comport and you dont use it you dont have to uninstall it you can just disable it in the hardware profile have you checked the windows and the makers websites for driver updates which may well just solve your problem i think you mean you dont have the software to reinstall

poo

Originally posted by Guest+Apr 4 2005, 04:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 4 2005, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--poo@Apr 4 2005, 12:23 PM
    I have a problem with my device system, it says i need to troubleshoot to fix the problem. It ask&#39;s me to uninstall the
    device but the problem is, that i don&#39;t have the hardware to reinstall. Could there be anyway i could by pass that without uninstalling the hardware&#39;&#39;and keep my computer in tack?

Ports (Com&LPT)
    Communcation Port (Com2)
    Communcation Port (Com5)

how long have you had this problem ? it seems you are not very computer minded ? if you are having tropuble with this comport and you dont use it you dont have to uninstall it you can just disable it in the hardware profile have you checked the windows and the makers websites for driver updates which may well just solve your problem i think you mean you dont have the software to reinstall [/b][/quote]
    Your question to how long have i had this problem, is for a couple of weeks now.
    Your are correct, i am not computer minded&#33; This computer was gave to me with everything on it, so i am not sure if this is something i need, I just want to make sure i don&#39;t diable the whole computer. I don&#39;t have the software to reinstall it, It is a windows 95.

I am having issues as well...

All of a sudden my sound card DOESNT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I cant believe how many ppl i have seen lately that are also having sound issues......

It shows up AS WORKING in device manager (IT SHOWS ALL IS OK) But it isnt........

I dunno........ My A drive was gone also,but thankfully is has returned......... (I cant seem to read anything off of it though)

Originally posted by The Dude@Apr 5 2005, 03:57 PM
    I am having issues as well...

All of a sudden my sound card DOESNT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I cant believe how many ppl i have seen lately that are also having sound issues......

It shows up AS WORKING in device manager (IT SHOWS ALL IS OK) But it isnt........

I dunno........ My A drive was gone also,but thankfully is has returned......... (I cant seem to read anything off of it though)

if it shows as working in the device manager then have you checked your speakers to see if the problem is with them ? make sure you check the simple things like has the sound ben muted in your media player etc its so easy to overlook the simple things dude

Originally posted by poo+Apr 5 2005, 12:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (poo @ Apr 5 2005, 12:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Guest@Apr 4 2005, 04:51 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--poo
    @Apr 4 2005, 12:23 PM
    I have a problem with my device system, it says i need to troubleshoot to fix the problem. It ask&#39;s* me to uninstall the
    device but the problem is, that i don&#39;t have the hardware to reinstall. Could there be anyway i could by pass that without uninstalling the hardware&#39;&#39;and keep my computer in tack?

Ports (Com&LPT)
    Communcation Port (Com2)
    Communcation Port (Com5)

how long have you had this problem ? it seems you are not very computer minded ? if you are having tropuble with this comport and you dont use it you dont have to uninstall it you can just disable it in the hardware profile have you checked the windows and the makers websites for driver updates which may well just solve your problem i think you mean you dont have the software to reinstall
    Your question to how long have i had this problem, is for a couple of weeks now.
    Your are correct, i am not computer minded&#33; This computer was gave to me with everything on it, so i am not sure if this is something i need, I just want to make sure i don&#39;t diable the whole computer. I don&#39;t have the software to reinstall it, It is a windows 95. [/b][/quote]
    you will not disable the whole computer just by disabling the com port that is causing you trouble try to update the drivers online see if it helps

The only thing i can think of that it may be is,LOOSE WIRING IN THE TOWER...... (WHICH I HAVENT LOOKED IN2 YET)

Cause A drive was gone,then when i kicked the tower,it came back (LUCKILY) ... I wouldnt be surprised if something waz loo&#036;e in there.........

Oh well......