Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mihir

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=orange][B]

Hi all..i jst wanted to know tht how one can insert hiz own logo in bios..actually i tryd on p1 computers,bt all went in vain..result iz..3 bios got damage..i tryd awadflash,modbin n other flasher util..
    Wht i did..first i took backup on bios on floppy..thn got backup of epa logo file..thn i careated one bmp image..after tht i converted tht bmp in epa format..frm some bmptoepa util..i craeted tht logo gile in 4 bit colour..i reduced the size..finally the image which i crated was only 11k..afatr tht stared to flash the bios..n it was sayin bios falsh succesfully..even i restore backup.bin file too..but whn i stated comp again thn it has stared give bip..bip..bipsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss..
    hushhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
    can nyone help me out..????..
    which iz easiest way..
    actully even if i can load my logo in startin of hdd..
    plz dnt suffest me to change the logo.sys file..idnt want tht poor stuff..
    actully am helpin to my frdn..he has goin to start hiz own brand of computers..and he ask'd for thtz bios falshin..bt ppl r charging very high..so plz if anyone knw any simple util to upload the image in bios for p4 systems or jst simple utility to upload image in startin of hdd,whther i load win 98/xp or ny other operting stuff..
    plz help me guyz..waiting for reply..or mail me on pmihir_mumbai@yahoo.com
    thank u..

Super Moderator

As far as your friend altering the BIOS LOGO, this may violate the user agreement with the MOBO manufacturer and be illegal. If your doing this for fun, personal use, should be ok, but if going to do this for a business, then better look into the legalities first.
    Otherwise, you may find more information look into using the OpenBIOS project

http://www.OpenBIOS.info/

Your chances of getting help would be improved if you put your request into plain, reasonably correct, English (so someone who's not dyslexic can understand).

I have no idea how locustfurnace managed to understand what you were asking.

Most word processing applications (like MS Word) have a built in spelling and grammer check function.