Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AJ_Guest

Hi, I am currently running AIM 5.5.3583, then I installed AIM 5.9.3690 which is now running on top of the 5.5 (my actual aim.exe file lists version 0.0.0.0, no clue why).

I would like to install AIM 4.8 or below, I have searched the forum for the answer, haven't found it. Or maybe the answer is so glaringly obvious to anyone not technologically-challenged like I am.

1. Will it uninstall or affect my later versions (I want to keep both, profile & password reasons, & I don't plan to run them simultaneously ever either)?
    2. If I do install, will my current settings apply to the older version? Such as profiles, passwords, etc.
    3. If/when I should ever uninstall the 4.8 or below, will it inadverdently uninstall files I need for 5.5/5.9?

Thanks if anyone can answer my questions!

jake

I'm a bit confused, however, I'll answer one question. I use AIM 4.8 on one computer, and 5.9 on another. The both use the same settings, and I only configured them under the 5.9. I autually think I set those same exact settings back in version 3.0 on an old computer. So, I think that could answer your question.
    -Jake