Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

demous

Ok, I've tried just about everything, but I thought I would give posting here a shot. When I pull up the Close Program dialogue (with Ctrl+Alt+Del) Explorer and Systray are not in there. They are obviously running because I am in windows and able to do any normal tasks; but they just don't show up! :blink: Any ideas?

demous

Just a little extra info: I have already scanned for and eliminated malware (spyware, viruses, etc.), the machine is running windows 98, and beyond that I'm not sure what else you might need to know to help; but any suggestions would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance. B)

-demous

not really a problem as you would not need to close these two items anyway are you sure you have a clean machine and do not have viruses etc still on it ? many use spyware and such removers but fail to update them hence it leaves them behind because newer malware etc will not be picked up without keeping the apps up to date pretty much the same as your av scanner ,there are many apps listed under spyware remover etc if you want more info these programs.

demous

Ok to further clarify... the virus definitions are up to date as of today and the spyware definitions are only two days old ... any other suggestions? I know that there must still be something on there otherwise these programs would show up in the Close Program dialogue

Its wierd you can still access dekstop,etc. W/O explorer running......

I can "END TASK" on explorer.exe but if i do,i cant do Jack until i re-start it (Using Task Manager) IM also on 98se,so........

Good Luck my friend.............If you dont have ne problems i wouldnt worry of it.......... But it IS strange!!!

Welcome to Old Version.....I hope your stay is a pleasant one