Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Matt

Program Name:Noir: A Shadowy Thriller
    Websitee fucnt (closest i could find) http://www.if-legends.org/~adventure/Cyberdreams.html

,http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Noir/Noir.shtm

Current version:N/A
    Desired versions:N/A
    Description: This is a period set game that was published in 1996 , by a company called cyber dreams which my research tells me is gone, They only published a few games during their existence , apparently it was around from about 1992 to 1996 but i've found posts on other message boards concluding that it was inactive as early as 1995 or maybe they just have lousy technical support. They were popular for creating the dark seed series as well as a couple adaptions of some popular science fiction novels. Most of the games deal with a point and click interface.

matt

Oh i guess this is a retail game then, sorry i bothered anyone or took up anyones time. I'll look elsewhere.

*click*

Just i've been looking for this game literally for years.

And seeing as how people are treated here with as i've observed often with coldness and an unwillingness to bend to the rules *just a bit* I dont suppose id be offered any help any besides the mandatory "we dont support this file because its retail" jazz .

life's to short not to make people happy once in a while even it is the odd duck like me, who walks in and shakes a few feathers.

-----jack--------

I know there a many happy visitors to O.V.com without breakn the rules which are there mostly to ensure the continued viability of the site, it is best to take nothing you read personally as the site isnt focused on individuals but to grow as a resource for all who want it and the best way to ensure that is to have rules, it maybe unfortunate but many sites that do not police themselves find that others will do so for them and they do indeed have "short life".

I myself sometimes also find the concept of rules difficult but am happier the more I see they are useful to me which rhymes with community.
    As you say life is short and O.V.com is not such a game orientated site but I hope some member or guest can provide you some direction.
    With such an old title a viable link to a demo etc is less likely (I havnt searched it could be 1 on google its happned before) best to rergister and if anything came up you could be mailed when something is posted in the thread you started.
    Yeah I know, I dont think much of registering either O.V.com tricked me into it!

Im sorry to, this is kind of an old topic on O.V.com.

B.T.W. we are not animalist here however bugs beware.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by matt@Apr 18 2005, 01:16 AM
    And seeing as how people are treated here with as i've observed often with coldness and an unwillingness to bend to the rules *just a bit* I dont suppose id be offered any help any besides the mandatory "we dont support this file because its retail" jazz .
    Those people who are treated "cold" are those who post on this forum, without first observing the way this site is run. You don't just walk into a members club and demand they change the paint on the walls because you do not like it.
    To have someone consider another's suggestion, first requires one to be come familiar with the ways this community runs.
    Yes, NO retail apps are permitted here, why? Simple, It is illegal. No other reasons than that. If someone wants to break the law, they can do this with their own site, but not here.
    This site has been around for a few years due to its insistence on not catering to the illegal activities found elsewheres'.
    It's not jazz either its the rules of the forum, accept them or don't, but either way the board will go on as-is.

matt

Of course it will lostfurnace because somewhere along the way , all you began to saw is requests and not real people. You dont sound like a person who is very young at heart. Now take me for example if i was the manager of a site like this i would go out of my way to help people out , wether its illegal or not is besides the point , i'm in the business of atleast making people happy once in a while because it makes me happy. You dont sound like a person who loosens up i mean how you respond to each post is just so formulatic and just so linear. I'd suggest you loosen up. So do you bother making friends with any of these people?, after all this is a message board and ive been a member of 1 for atleast 5 yrs with a very relaxed attitude and everyone gets along great.

mattvb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

If you want the game really, really bad and happen to live in Australia

Originally posted by matt@Apr 18 2005, 08:46 PM
    You dont sound like a person who loosens up i mean how you respond to each post is just so formulatic and just so linear. I'd suggest you loosen up. So do you bother making friends with any of these people?,
    he certainly does make friends many many who use the forum me included think he does a great job., as a visitor you do not have the pleasure of using all the features such as pm messages. im not a member defending a moderator against a guest either im just adding my views, if the guy was not friendly im sure he wouldnt give up his time for FREE to help people he doesnt even know, many members here have helped me improve my computer skills and improve my ability to search and find things on the www to a level where i can help others find the titles they seek.a few simple rules to follow is not really a problem to anyone, i do not always like certain rules but just to help out one or two people with an illegal link to a retail app could potentially ruin a good site that helps hundreds of people find titles they need that are legal. its not worth the risk and not what the site is about , i did see another guest found it for sale on ebay.com so by visiting ov you did receive help in finding it.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by matt@Apr 18 2005, 08:46 PM
    Of course it will lostfurnace because somewhere along the way , all you began to saw is requests and not real people. You dont sound like a person who is very young at heart. Now take me for example if i was the manager of a site like this i would go out of my way to help people out , wether its illegal or not is besides the point , i'm in the business of atleast making people happy once in a while because it makes me happy. You dont sound like a person who loosens up i mean how you respond to each post is just so formulatic and just so linear. I'd suggest you loosen up. So do you bother making friends with any of these people?, after all this is a message board and ive been a member of 1 for atleast 5 yrs with a very relaxed attitude and everyone gets along great.
    If someone wants something illegal, there are ample sites which they can post to. It just won't be this site. When you run a site and start offering illegal content and are sent C&D's and facing possible lawsuits, then your tune will change.

If I did not like helping people, as stated by straight_talker, I would not be here, locating those hard-to-find requests, answering questions.
    The Rules, are in place to help those seeking files. We, those who seek them, can not always know what someone is asking for when they simply say they are looking for "ABC Software."
    In the Software world, many titles which are shareware and freeware have the same exact names as other titles. Example: Ruby, I've seen a game called Ruby, I've seen a language called Ruby, I've seen a cataloger called Ruby, now which one is the requester asking for?
    Its much easier if they included the developers website. Then, confusion can be eliminated.
    Why is this such as difficult concept to understand?

As for responding in a linear fashion, you've probably not read the near 3,000 postings I've posted have you? Just those ones which are indeed a template response. Which I have to write up since the same exact replies where asked day in day out, since I've been doing this for years now, I also like to save some time from replying the same words, day in day out.

Your not the first person either to question who I am running this site, and you wont be the last, and I will reply the same way each time. If you want, look up and read all the posts I've written. Which you most likely will not, because you want to save some time and get an answer right now, just like everyone else. Understandable.

If you do not like the way I run the site, that's fine, just understand the site before criticizing.

Gold

Hey Locust, Don't worry about defending yourself. I've been lurking here for over a year finding stuff that I gave up looking for or didnt know existed before.

I've also seen how many posts you last posted on just to let people know how to request programs, it's not that difficult of a task to pull off, its just a copy and paste, if they can't do that then maybe they didn't even look for it themselves. Let them look for it. If I were you I wouldn't even bother trying to help them out if they didn't respect the rules.