Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold

When Adaware first came out, it worked fine with my Win 95. Last week I had to reformat my hard drive, and after downloading adaware I found the file would not open. I started using the 5.8 version, but then one night while *just browsing* around I found an adawre that does work on Win 95, just as well as it did before. It was on a German webpage (had to translate), but at 1.6 mb, it was the right one. I have included the web address for those who may want it.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_8833064.html

- >^..^<

why not use adaware 6.0 for windows 95 98 get it here http://www.networkingfiles.com/Cookie/adaware.htm just wundrin what is the version you downloaded this list is from the oldversion download section for adaware and none are listed as 1.6mb has yours come bundled with something else ? Old Versions Available

Ad-aware 3.5 (0.3 MB)
    Ad-aware 4.0 (0.6 MB)
    Ad-aware 4.5 (0.7 MB)
    Ad-aware 4.6 (0.7 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.5 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.6 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.62 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.7 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.71 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.81 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.82 (0.9 MB)
    Ad-aware 5.83 (0.9 MB)
    as listed in the above link adaware 6.0 is 2.05 mb

Super Moderator

The version the 1st poster supplied a link to, is to version F6.0.3.181, the filesize is 1.65megs. The program is titled Ad-aware 6 Personal

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 9 2004, 12:53 PM
    The version the 1st poster supplied a link to, is to version F6.0.3.181, the filesize is 1.65megs. The program is titled Ad-aware 6 Personal
    whats with the bold type BOY just because your the forum mod dont mean ya have to answer for everyone the question was aimed at the first poster i didnt see your name on it

Gold

I was using Adaware 5.83 from oldversions.com, a nice enough version; but wanted to have Version 6, and since the 2.50mb would not open, I started cruising around, looking for something in between, which could be updated as needed. I was just letting others know, if they were interested.

btw Guest, your link doen&#39;t go anywhere.

- >^..^<

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 9 2004, 06:01 PM
    whats with the bold type BOY just because your the forum mod dont mean ya have to answer for everyone the question was aimed at the first poster i didnt see your name on it
    Ok kid&#33; Because I AM the forums MODERATOR, I can answer any questions I want.

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Jun 9 2004, 10:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Jun 9 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Jun 9 2004, 06:01 PM
    whats with the bold type BOY* just because your the forum mod dont mean ya have to answer for everyone* the question was aimed at the first poster i didnt see your name on it
    Ok kid&#33; Because I AM the forums MODERATOR, I can answer any questions I want. [/b][/quote]
    ok big man you win, i aint got a problem with ya i think your running of this forum is excellent far better than some ive visited

does anyone have ad aware pro or plus , i been trying to find a place to down load it

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 10 2004, 07:36 PM
    does anyone have ad aware pro or plus , i been trying to find a place to down load it
    Fill out the necessary info, such as the website, current version, and the version your seeking, and maybe it will be found. This can greatly improve your chance of getting the app you seek.

gfi

Program Name: Ad-aware Pro , or plus
    Current version: 6
    Desired versions: any version would be nice
    Description: scans and destroys adds