Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Rabid Dog

I have Mozilla Firefox. Just the other day the thing decided it didn't want to work anymore and i kept getting "www.google.com could not be found. Please check name and try again." This keeps happening to all the internet sites i try to go to on Mozilla. I have already tried reinstalling it but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I cinda need some help here.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks
    - The Rabid Dog-

this is more likely an issue with your isp than your browser have you tried or have got an alternative to try to see if it makes a difference to your surfing ?

-The Rabid Dog-

So it might be my isp adress thats causing the problem? How can i deal with that cuse i dont know how to change my isp or whatnot??

thanks
    -The Rabid Dog-

Super Moderator

Are you posting these message from another web browser on that same system?
    Is the browser you are using running through a proxy server? If YES, then setup Firefox to use the proxy as well.
    Also, check that Firefox is not using a proxy, if you are not using one.

Gper2005

try setting your proxy like the person above me said. if u don't have one try modifying your settings (but YMMV)

-The Rabid Dog-

Yeah i am using the internet through Internet explorer becasue im getting the dumb messages from Mozilla. I checked, and Mozilla isn't using any proxy and im not using, one to access the internet either. I tryed removing Mozilla and then reinstalling it but that did nothing. Any other sugessionts?

Thanks
    -The Rabid Dog-

have you checked the security settings for the browser never personally used it but if the security settings are up high then it may well be blocking certain sites .

Hm, I found out that no site works on Firefox for him, he has the newest version [hehe], and tried removing/reinstalling. It all works fine in IE. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but could anyone else perhaps help? The generic message he gets is '* could not be found. Please check the name and try again'
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

I remember a similar question on another board, and the problem was that Firefox was using IPv6. The solution was to disable Firefox from using IPv6. That may help./

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/ this site looks promising