Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Blingo

Has anyone tried Blingo? The description is below and, unlike incentive sites, you don't need to register at all. If you join the friends link below, you do have to only give them your email address and create a username. The only personal information collected is if you win so they can send you the prize.

Click the link below to join and if I win a prize, you win the same prize as well. The rules and the TOS are accessible from the link as well.

Join Blingo(uses Google) Friends

Blingo is a new search engine that gives away prizes every day
    like Sony PlayStation Portables, Apple iPods, Amazon Gift
    Certificates, a year of free movies at Blockbuster Online, and
    more.

By joining Blingo Friends you can invite your friends to use
    Blingo, and when one of them wins a prize you win the same prize.
    That means if one of your friends wins an iPod, you win one too.

Just click this link to join Blingo Friends (it only takes 15
    seconds), or copy it and paste it into your browser:
    http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=twcySobE7978Q5RpFy7kWf7GvG0

If you wish to check it out, without rewarding someone for spamming the message boards, do not use his referral link.

https://www.blingo.com/signup
    Will take you to the same place.....
    BUT, if you decide to participate, PLEASE DO NOT SPAM the message boards.

Originally posted by Pete@May 28 2005, 01:39 PM
    If you wish to check it out, without rewarding someone for spamming the message boards, do not use his referral link.

https://www.blingo.com/signup
    Will take you to the same place.....
    BUT, if you decide to participate, PLEASE DO NOT SPAM the message boards.
    Lots/most websites that have referral systems suggest posting to forums. How am I suppose to do this without posting, plus I've contributed to this website before. I know you're not suppose to spam, this is the only thread I intend to make on here and it's the only one about Blingo on this website.

This is a general discussion board with different topics and I would have posted about this even if I didn't have a ref link.

Pete's suggestion makes no sense considering I just said that if a person wins so does the friends who signed up with them.

Originally posted by Guest@May 28 2005, 02:58 PM
    ... considering I just said that if a person wins so does the friends who signed up with them.
    Actually you didnt say that initially, and even if you meant that, I suspected it was wrong so I followed Petes link & lifted this off the faq "Yes, if someone you invited wins a movie ticket, you get a movie ticket.

This does not mean all friends get a movie ticket when one in the group wins, unless you only have one friend ;)

& if you won no one in your friends gets a prize.

B.T.W. one drawback is its only for U.S. residents,there will be others.

Originally posted by Goslow+May 28 2005, 08:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ May 28 2005, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@May 28 2005, 02:58 PM
    ... considering I just said that if a person wins so does the friends who signed up with them.
    Actually you didnt say that initially, and even if you meant that I suspected it was wrong so I followed Petes link & lifted this off the faq "Yes, if someone you invited wins a movie ticket, you get a movie ticket.

This does not mean all friends get a movie ticket when one in the group wins, unless you only have one friend

& if you won no one in your friends gets a prize.

B.T.W. one drawback is its only for U.S. residents,there will be others. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s okay if you followed Pete&#39;s link but my link has the same faq on the page as well so it doesn&#39;t matter if you want to look at them.

I did say/mean that in red. I do see your point, nowhere on the site does it say that it goes both ways, just that you win any of your referral&#39;s prizes. It doesn&#39;t say that it won&#39;t go both ways either so I will email them, but it is doubtful.

What&#39;s the drawback to only searching 10 times a day for a chance to win a prize(s)? This isn&#39;t the first time Blingo has done this, I wouldn&#39;t want to waste my time either if it wasn&#39;t legit. So what if it&#39;s for the US if you live in the US, which I suspect a lot of people on this board do.

For now clicking the link will be helping me out, with the possibility of it helping you out. I will email them though and find out. I could signup under someone else&#39;s link for some other site if I&#39;m not already doing it.