Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi guys, this may have been asked before, but I have a situation. I normally can burn any CD, taking care to select AUDIO as my selection using either Real One or Nero, seeing as these are music CDs. Well, lately, I have not been able to burn on Real. The CD will go through its normal process, no errors, and even finalizes the burn on Real One, but when placed into any CD player, it won't play. My car is equipped to play both MP3 format as well as the standard audio format, but I get nothing. If I rip the CD with Nero, it goes through its process and works fine. The only reason I like using Real is because whatever I happen to download, Real One automatically finds the file, then imports it, for some reason, my Nero doesn't do this. I almost always have to search my computer for the file, in order to select it to be burned. Can anyone advise me on what is going on? I am using Real One 10 and I believe Nero 5.5. Oh, another thing, can Windows Media player rip CDs without purchasing Roxio? I thought Roxio was the program that came with the WMP, automatically? Thanks!

Originally posted by AquaHarmony@May 31 2005, 11:04 AM
    Hi guys, this may have been asked before, but I have a situation. I normally can burn any CD, taking care to select AUDIO as my selection using either Real One or Nero, seeing as these are music CDs. Well, lately, I have not been able to burn on Real. The CD will go through its normal process, no errors, and even finalizes the burn on Real One, but when placed into any CD player, it won't play. My car is equipped to play both MP3 format as well as the standard audio format, but I get nothing. If I rip the CD with Nero, it goes through its process and works fine. The only reason I like using Real is because whatever I happen to download, Real One automatically finds the file, then imports it, for some reason, my Nero doesn't do this. I almost always have to search my computer for the file, in order to select it to be burned. Can anyone advise me on what is going on? I am using Real One 10 and I believe Nero 5.5. Oh, another thing, can Windows Media player rip CDs without purchasing Roxio? I thought Roxio was the program that came with the WMP, automatically? Thanks!
    you really should of searched first as im sure an answer would already be on the forum, real one is rubbish and personally i wouldnt have it on my pc, read here http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard...orum/14114.html for more on that subject, when using nero its not a big issue to look for your music to add to a cd project as long as you save your downloaded files in one folder together as for roxio i would not touch it with a barge pole its the worst piece of crap ive ever tried ive had it on 2 pcs and both were unstable once it was installed and it hogs resources for nothing. if you just want to backup your music cds for using in the car then trya freeware cd ripper copier there are loads listed here on the forums when you do a search

Thanks, I will give it a try! Also, why do you say RealOne is junk? If I use one of the others, will I be able to transfer my music library from RealOne to the one I choose?

i say its junk purely because it is bloated with unnecessary stuff as well as in the link states it has other stuff bundled in it which again they say you can disable as you install it but they are still there never the less and are picked up by spyware removers, im sure others will have their opinions as the week goes on but if its not spyware then why does spyware removers pick it up regardless of what people think to the contrary

Onehappygunner

WMP10 and Nero6, thats what i use and never had one single problem, also like the guest poster i wouldnt use Real One either, its complete shite in my opinion, i have been dj-ing for about 15 years and just recently got into using cd decks instead of the industry standard Technics so i needed a decent cd burning prog (no use being in the middle of a set and my machines wont read a cd), my wife uses Nero6 on her pc so i tried it and it works perfectly in all audio formats, so if you want my advice.....ditch Real One and get Nero. Hope that helps ya

I have Nero 6 as stated in my first post, I was simply trying to figure out why Nero 6 would not automatically import new files (music) like Real One does, each time I have downloaded one. With Nero 6, I have to either save the files I have downloaded to a playlist, or individually, then remember where I saved it to, then add it, when I am about to burn my CD. On Real One, I don't have to do that, it has an import feature that automatically detects a downloaded file. The only issue with Real One is, it takes forever to burn, then the discs, CD-Rs, non-colored, are turning out blank. I had another question with Windows Media Player 9. I tried to use it to burn, and it took me to a paid site for Roxio. Does WMP not come with a free burning software?

if you save all the files (ie music ) you download into one folder its a simple enough process to add them to a nero compilation, you wont find anything more stable and reliable than nero is whatever version you have.