Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

guest_Ozzie

I hope someone can shed some light on this most irritating problem.
    Recently it seems nothing I do can coax MP3s I have on my computer into my Sharp Net MD (IM-DR80) player. I used to use RealOne Player version 10 for this but now I get some message telling me there's not enough space or the file format is wrong. I have installed all the useless Japanese software that came with it as well (I live in Japan) such as BeatJam and of course the players drivers. I tried using old versions of Real but when I needed to download the Sony device driver (needed for Sharp players too) it wouldn't let me without updating to the latest version of RealOne. I know that others on this site think RealOne is crap and I tend to agree but it did do the job in the past and it's free. Any ideas would be appreciated as I am just about ready to give up on MDs forever and get an IPOD (heaven forbid)! I am beginning to think that RealOne's nice people have created some nasty little bit of code that will not allow non-licensed MP3s to be tranferred. After all, they must have some friendly arrangement with Sony Corp. who have a great deal of interest in making us all buy more CDs.
    Thanks, Ozzie.

Super Moderator

"Sorry to say it, but apparently the upload feature is only applicable for tracks that originated from the Open MG Jukebox application on your computer."
    The player uses Sony's compression scheme called ATRAC-3, not mp3. You probably need to convert all the mp3's over to the ATRAC format, then you can upload it.

guest_Ozzie

Thanks for that I guessed as much but I wonder why they have disabled the ability to upload MP3s now as it was always straightforward in the past.
    Ozzie.