Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    admin4000

Default Windows ME - Error in VxD?

I REALLY need help here!! Whenever im using my comp then sum blue screen cums up. This is EXACTLY what it says:

An exeption OD has occurred at 0028:C0009489 in VxD ---. This was called from 0028:C001D324 in VxD ---. It may be possible to continue normally.

*Press any key to attempt to continue
    *Press ctrl + alt + del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

I really need help because whenever im on mozilla firefox my comp crashes and I have to restart my computer. It is even more annoying when im playing on my comp then it crashes, and that is annoying for me and for everyone playing against me online!

admin4000

Default Windows ME - Error in VxD?

I really need help here!

admin4000

Default Windows Me - Error in VxD??? What the hell??

I REALLY need help here!! Whenever im using my comp then sum blue screen cums up. This is EXACTLY what it says:

An exeption OD has occurred at 0028:C0009489 in VxD ---. This was called from 0028:C001D324 in VxD ---. It may be possible to continue normally.

*Press any key to attempt to continue
    *Press ctrl + alt + del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

I am running Windows Millenium Edition on a Compaq Deskpro 350mhz and 64mb RAM. I also have a ATI Graphics Card (4mb) and a Winfast TV Card, Broken NIC, Modem (that i dont use), broadband connected directly to a rooter (USB Connection).

I really need help because whenever im on mozilla firefox my comp crashes and I have to restart my computer. It is even more annoying when im playing on my comp then it crashes, and that is annoying for me and for everyone playing against me online!

Beta

Windows ME
    Here's the problem ^^

Release Candiate 1

i used to have that problem and i found out that it was to do with the installation of firefox, as soon as i unistalled firefox re-installed it the problem went away.....

admin4000

Default Hmm...

I think it is to do with the graphics card - im buying a new one.
    I think this bcuz whenever im using high graphics applications then it cums.

admin4000

Default Windows me

Ive been using windows me for the past 6 years and i havent encountered anything like this. Windows XP runs V E R Y slow on my comp - The only one that works is windows xp pro sp1 and on that games dnt work properly, so, im stuck with windows me, windows 98, windows nt, windows 2000 or windows 3.1. (Windows 2000 is quite slow).
    Windows 98 is even worse - i have 2 dwbload the drivers off the internet.
    Windows XP - Too slow, dosent support USB Rooter
    Windows 2000 - Crap graphics, too slow, dusent support usb rooter
    Windows ME - Not many win xp programs work on it
    Windows 95 - Plain Crap
    Windows 3.1 - Too old, nothing works, Looks very bad, dusent support networking (ly suppots dial up.

admin4000

Default vista

Vista just dusent work at all.

admin4000

Default ??

Quote Originally Posted by randomgypsy View Post
    i used to have that problem and i found out that it was to do with the installation of firefox, as soon as i unistalled firefox re-installed it the problem went away.....
    But i think that it is not a program/application problem cuz it happened straight after i sone a clean install of windows
    I dunno what the hell error in vxd is, but i am suspecting that it is the graphics card (4 mb ati agp 2x)

admin4000

Default ???

I am running Windows Millenium Edition on a Compaq Deskpro 350mhz and 64mb RAM. I also have a ATI Graphics Card (4mb) and a Winfast TV Card, Broken NIC, Modem (that i dont use), broadband connected directly to a rooter (USB Connection).
    Ive been using windows me for the past 6 years and i havent encountered anything like this. Windows XP runs V E R Y slow on my comp - The only one that works is windows xp pro sp1 and on that games dnt work properly, so, im stuck with windows me, windows 98, windows nt, windows 2000 or windows 3.1. (Windows 2000 is quite slow).
    Windows 98 is even worse - i have 2 dwbload the drivers off the internet.
    Windows XP - Too slow, dosent support USB Rooter
    Windows 2000 - Crap graphics, too slow, dusent support usb rooter
    Windows ME - Not many win xp programs work on it
    Windows 95 - Plain Crap
    Windows 3.1 - Too old, nothing works, Looks very bad, dusent support networking (ly suppots dial up.