Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Nero

Hi,
    I've got Nero 6. was running the version 6.3.17 version. Just did the 6.6.0.14 update. Could anyone tell me if the Nero Burning rom is still on theirs after the update?
    When I go to make the Data Disc, it says to open with Nero Express. It use to give you the choose of choosing the Nero Burning Rom or the Nero Express.
    Is their anyway I can get the Nero Burning Rom interface back? Also what happened to the back it up and to work with audio.
    Please any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by steffieus@Jun 20 2005, 08:35 AM
    Hi,
    I've got Nero 6. was running the version 6.3.17 version. Just did the 6.6.0.14 update. Could anyone tell me if the Nero Burning rom is still on theirs after the update?
    When I go to make the Data Disc, it says to open with Nero Express. It use to give you the choose of choosing the Nero Burning Rom or the Nero Express.
    Is their anyway I can get the Nero Burning Rom interface back? Also what happened to the back it up and to work with audio.
    Please any help would be much appreciated.
    have you checked out the developers website for a FAQ section, if you do not like the nero express i believe it can be removed, did you install nero express seperately from the burning rom. when i downloaded version 6 it came in 3 seperate downloads of which i only installed the ones i wanted.

Yes I've went to their website, but it didn't help any. I installed Nero Vision and Nero Express seperatly. I was going to leave the Nero Express at the 6.3.17 as was. But when I updated the Nero Vision and went to my Nero startsmart. Then click to burn a Data Disc it worked the first time then the next time I click I it, it came up with only open with Nero Express. I'll take any help.

Sorry I hit twiced.

Default i have same problem oem suite 3 but no nero burning rom

hi

i am new to Nero i oem suite 3 it has almost all features, no burning rom
    there is a blank button on the smart start interface, i have the dvd plugin and the only other function that i can tell is limited is photoshow ex, there is an upgrade to elite button, not sure what it is for, and what i think happened is this , i think ??

that if you had a previous version w/burn rom, it goes ahead and installs it
    but if you dont, it does not and you will not have the option to select it, also the fire icon
    when clicked, just gives the web address for nero and the link is for the general page nero7, nothing about burn rom therefore your burning options are limited to express and vision express.

also i cannot burn to cd with the HD-BURN feature

my only option is to write this file to hard disk, kinda useless then huh, is anyone has any info on this , i would really like hear any feedback, thanks

Hi

Can any one help how to make bootable CD in Nero 6 ?

Administrator

not currently got nero on a pc but when you choose through the options and get to qwhere it ask what cd you should have a box on screen that that has many options in it scroll down to and choose the one that says cdrom boot and thats what you need to make a bootable cd.
    simply me

Gold

Nero 6 is almost completely written to Direct X 9. I posted this in another thread, but any flakiness by some of these programs points to a reinstall of Direct X in my
    "modus operandi". It is always nice to rule out Direct X as the problem, and usually takes very little time to reinstall.
    In Nero 6, the burner hardware can have a big influence on features, and good use of the Nero Toolkit on drive IDs and speed can reconfigure a few things.
    Another thing I have run into is that an install of other burner software, even after uninstall, can influence your ASPI layer, which will change your features in some cases.
    You didn't mention Operating system, and hardware capabilities which can make a difference with all of this.
    Another thing that is peculiar about Nero 6 is that the way the drive is identified in the upper right box in Nero Express can change the behavior of Nero features, along with the mention drive info and speed in Toolkit. In Nero Express, the drive letter is associated with DVD or CD separately in the upper right box. For instance, you cannot make a bootable CD if your drive is associated with DVD.
    And so on.......