Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

46 Best Freeware Utilities Ever - Great Portal for Selected Utilities
    AnalogX - Very good utilities - Good Tool Sets absolutely Free
    Free Downloads Center - Tons of Stuff
    More from Free Downloads Center - Screensavers and Screensaver Makers
    Games Portal - Games galore
    GNUWin II - A collection of a variety of applications - A treasure chest of free software

Great Stuff + Query App - Over a dozen free tools for you
    Jeh's Freeware - Lots of Variety - Some has spyware, so beware.
    KarenWare - Karen Cares - good stuff here
    Last Freeware version - Last free version of many programs that are now "commercial" ($$&#036

List of Lists - The Portal to Portals!
    NirSoft Free Utilities - Windows Utilities - including an Uninstaller for things that don't show up in the Add/Remove list.

No nonsense Software - Some Nice Tools
    Nonags Free Software - More Nice Tools
    Older Versions - Cause newer is not always better!
    Only the BEST Freeware - You be the judge.
    PricelessWare - Lists compiled much as this one was - from user's inputs
    More pricelessware - Get it all on CD
    Radified Freeware - Seems to have chosen his list well.
    Shell Extention City - Some of their own stuff and List of Recommended sites of their own.

Snapfiles - Great Selection
    Sourceforge - Professional FREE software
    SysInternals - Great set of tools by Sysinternals
    The Freeware Book - Dont worry - it's all online.
    100 Top Downloads.com - "Essential" Downloads for WinXP

Who's Next?

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the links and the hard work in getting them here.

Qhard.Qhard

Ablix say:
    Your posts were deleted because you didn't contribute much. I'm willing to give you a clean slate, but please don't post useless links anymore. Links are sometimes good, but not when when no one asks for them. Lurk around for a little bit, and do not spam your replies. Instead, only reply when you have something thoughtful to say.
    Next time, please PM me with stuff like this.

Qhard.Qhard say:
    OK, but I am not SPAMing here... only links, but no SPAM!!
    And "forum moderator" has not true if he take my posts as SPAM.

Ablix say:
    "Links are sometimes good, but not when when no one asks for them."

Qhard.Qhard say:
    What content is here?? Someone wanted this links??

Unlock my login Qhard and my posts(unlock only my regular posts, no errors).
    THX and sorry - for my bad english! Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhard.Qhard
    Ablix say:
    Your posts were deleted because you didn't contribute much. I'm willing to give you a clean slate, but please don't post useless links anymore. Links are sometimes good, but not when when no one asks for them. Lurk around for a little bit, and do not spam your replies. Instead, only reply when you have something thoughtful to say.
    Next time, please PM me with stuff like this.

Qhard.Qhard say:
    OK, but I am not SPAMing here... only links, but no SPAM!!
    And "forum moderator" has not true if he take my posts as SPAM.

Ablix say:
    "Links are sometimes good, but not when when no one asks for them."

Qhard.Qhard say:
    What content is here?? Someone wanted this links??

Your posts have been pruned. No more discussion on the subject is needed. At least there are description of the links here, and this is good enough..we don't need 50 threads with all kinds of pointless links. There are directories that are there just for that. Also, there was absolutely no reason to dig up this thread and post something completely irrelevent.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 08-15-2005 at 04:20 PM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Qhard.Qhard

Quote Originally Posted by ABlix
    Your posts have been pruned. No more discussion on the subject is needed. At least there are description of the links here, and this is good enough..we don't need 50 threads with all kinds of pointless links. There are directories that are there just for that. Also, there was absolutely no reason to dig up this thread and post something completely irrelevent.
    OK - I accept your rocks.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Qhard.Qhard
    OK - I accept your rocks.

The above user, The-Dude, has been a contributing member for some time now. He has added value to his posts, finding requested titles as well as answering peoples questions.
    In your case, you just signed into an account, then starting overloading the board with repeated links, which most were not even in English - which the majority of users here are English-Language users, so those posts do not help out many. Which I am sure you are aware of this as well, since your posts are written in English.

With digging up this post to make a point, you've really not done much but shown your membership here is not to be a valued member but to be a thorn.

If you are unwilling to accept the rules, guidelines and suggestions given to you then this might not be the right site for you.

My role here as a moderator is to keep the site in order. I've suggested to you in previous postings to think before posting, and you did not, you posted links to sites you were told not to post.

Now you have dug up this thread to make a point which honestly is a bit irritating.

You questioning the owner's decision on locking your account and pruning threads shows your lack of willingness to become a respected member here.

A suggestion if you want to remain a member here is to sit back, read through past postings, and get a understanding of the board and the members here. Don't try to annoy the people here, it will not be tolerated.

Qhard.Qhard

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace
    The above user, The-Dude, has been a contributing member for some time now. He has added value to his posts, finding requested titles as well as answering peoples questions.
    In your case, you just signed into an account, then starting overloading the board with repeated links, which most were not even in English - which the majority of users here are English-Language users, so those posts do not help out many. Which I am sure you are aware of this as well, since your posts are written in English.

With digging up this post to make a point, you've really not done much but shown your membership here is not to be a valued member but to be a thorn.

If you are unwilling to accept the rules, guidelines and suggestions given to you then this might not be the right site for you.

My role here as a moderator is to keep the site in order. I've suggested to you in previous postings to think before posting, and you did not, you posted links to sites you were told not to post.

Now you have dug up this thread to make a point which honestly is a bit irritating.

You questioning the owner's decision on locking your account and pruning threads shows your lack of willingness to become a respected member here.

A suggestion if you want to remain a member here is to sit back, read through past postings, and get a understanding of the board and the members here. Don't try to annoy the people here, it will not be tolerated.

Thank for your answer. Unfortunately I from her read only a few row namely yet untranslated, since I don't know much well English. Indeed never mind... At least you are from depression excerpt.

Never I am here nobody leave alone, unless his bad English. I've never nobody unconstrained read my messages Only after-butt do you according to of my opinion have on everybody's user other metre. Your pages like, but with forum is it worse. U sending legacy be truly a, unwillingly breached conditions. But no law and everything what I cite be only wrong " quotation " .

If is here somebody thorn hereof forums just so the who here booted censorship in a very extreme measurement, the who deprecating my messages to the forums and the who me abandon all that I upon this forum sent. Among others to that wasn't little me the thorn yet block logically and employs unreasonably case on brightly lay questions. Try me silence how lock shine, so privacy lock. Namely does not make nothing at variance with condition nor law. At least about it try.

Otherwise appreciate work who pursuance to your pages, appreciate rate your server and when professional quality of service. Unfortunately this is plaguy evenness Your ironic remark. Image your member be only registered logically but no comments nor messages to the forums. How you are single wrote, sit back, read last posting and get understanding deck and member here.

I want stay member, but below my last poop Qhard and I want back his proper messages Most of them was proper when perhaps on one in which occurred mistaken legacy.

Otherwise isn't well possible me prohibit admission to your forum, since is any time possible realize next registration. Namely at worst and with the aid of proxy server. Be only up to you how to problem build. I am problems does not make nor do never will not, walks me just about registration here and about possibility be your member. No now with new logically, but with it old, who you are me tactfully block.

Super Moderator

Sorry, but I can not understand your posting. Though you are using the English language your sentence structure is not logical.

The owners have every right to enforce laws, change rules, edit posts and prohibit ANYTHING they wish. If a member posts something, the owners have the right to remove, edit or delete questionable messages. This board is not owned or run by the public. It is a privilege granted to the members to be allowed to post, but it is Not a right of a member to post.
    If the admin's blocked your other user account, and you want it unblocked, then you could politely PM them, giving them a valid reason they should unblock it.

Your old messages will not be restored so stop asking.

IF you decide to threaten the operators of this board by saying you will using a proxy to gain access once again, then it is possible that the owners could contact your provider and express you're prohibited from this site due to your actions and that you're harassing the site.
    Again, if you want to be a member here, you're definitely are not going about it the right way.

Remember being a member here is not a right or that you're allowed just because you want, it's a granted privilege.

Of course, if this is not what you trying to express, and I am reading what you wrote incorrectly then I apologize, but as I already stated, its extremely difficult to understand the context of your posting.
    Last edited by locustfurnace; 08-16-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Default Just a thought

It may be too late in this case, but since you just upgraded to vBulletin:

When dealing with someone who won't modify his/her behavior, uses proxies, and creates multiple accounts to bypass banning...A vBulletin's admin option called "Tachy Goes to Coventry", can be very usefull.

Since the offender doesn't realize that the account is on everyone's "ignore list", he/she doesn't feel the need to take countermeasures.

If I'm revealing more than you want made public, please delete this post.