Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Patsy

Hello, Seems like lots of the "stuff" that I get from the internet is in real audio format. Have to have Real Audio to play it. I want to change the real audio formats (.ra, .rm) to mp3 and burn it. What program will do this for me.

Also, I want to copy old vcr movies to a dvd. How can I do that?

Thanks for the help.

Administrator

always a good idea to search the site before posting i think this past thread will cover your needs http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...0converter&st=0, as far as converting vcr movies to dvd have you got the necessary hardware in your pc and hard drive space to hold the file created when capturing the movie ? unsure now of size-space needed as i havent done any for a year or two but capturing video uses a large amount of disc space, perhaps locustfurnace or another member will give accurate details of file sizes
    simply me

Are these streams that you want to convert to mp3 or otherwise a full sized file with the music (real format)?

By the way gaffer, I think that the thread you quoted only talks about wmv->mp3.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Patsy

Thanks for the reply ABlix. Yes, I did search before posting... and the other thread is no help.

There is a Bible teacher on the internet that I like to listen to. I have to download his lessons with Real Player (.rm, .ra format). So I only have audio that I want to convert to Mp3. I want to burn them to cd so I can listen to the lessons as I drive. If they're not converted, I can only get one lesson on one cd.

And, I would love to record the streaming music off radio stations... is that possible?

This might be of some help. Don't have any first hand experience with this kind of thing. Perhaps locustfurance can help.

Check out: http://www.area450.com/softwaremods/ra2mp3-1.html

Basically I would just browse around and see what's relevant here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&biw...mp3&btnG=Search
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

• dBPowerAMP, is a multi-format encoder/decoder. You will need to also download the RealAudio codec on the site. Be sure to read the info on setting this up correctly.
    • RA2WAV convert your Real Audio files to .WAV format, then just convert them to mp3.

Just wanting to also add that I hope your Cars Music system can handle decoding mp3's. Not all CD players do this. This is usually an aftermarket player one installs to accomplish this.

As mentioned you will need some sort of Video Capture hardware, or atleast a video input on your computer to be able to input your VHS movies.

As for recoding the music from a stream, Yes, this is quite possible
    • Streamripper
      An Open Source (GPL) application that lets you record streaming mp3 to your hard drive
    • StationRipper
      allows you to record Internet Radio broadcasts. Users on broadband connections regularly report 3,000-6,000 new songs can be downloaded every 24 hours with the registered version!

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 24 2005, 10:55 PM
    As for recoding the music from a stream, Yes, this is quite possible
    • Streamripper
      An Open Source (GPL) application that lets you record streaming mp3 to your hard drive
    • StationRipper
      allows you to record Internet Radio broadcasts. Users on broadband connections regularly report 3,000-6,000 new songs can be downloaded every 24 hours with the registered version!
    If I recall corectly StreamRipper only rips from ShoutCast.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Administrator

Originally posted by ABlix@Jun 24 2005, 08:22 PM

By the way gaffer, I think that the thread you quoted only talks about wmv->mp3.
    not being flippant ABLIX but i believe the thread i quoted had dbpoweramp plus others in it which locustfurnace has also recommended.
    simply me

Patsy

Thanks so much guys. Y'all are awsome!! I'm off to read about all these new treasures you've told me about.

kwel_dude

hey buddies hii...
    how r u all ??
    well i need free softwear for converting RAM files to WAV files or crack for MINI-STREAM RIPPER 1.88 kindly lemme know plzz this is urgent...

Basit Jhandia.

Topic merged ~locustfurnace