Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default msn messenger 6.2

how can i get msn 6.2 to work wen i have downloaded hex workshop?

Default huh?

ive got hex workshop but it says they specified string was no found?

Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    Yes, there is a way to get MSN Messenger 6.0 working again.

Download: Hex Workshop
    Be sure to have MSN 6 exited before you use Hex Workshop.
    Open MSN 6's msnmsgr.exe in Hex Workshop.
    Click the Edit menu, and click Replace.
    Click the Type arrow, and select Text String.
    In the Find box, type the version of your MSN 6. (That also include the build number, i.e 6.0.0602)
    In the Replace box, type 7.0.0813. Click OK. Click Replace All. Click OK. Exit Hex Workshop. Open MSN Messenger 6. You should now be able to sign in.

I've followed these instructions.
    And the it said 3 things replaced. But i still cant login in to Messenger 6 without it wanting to upgrade to 8.

Though i only have Messenger 6 installed.
    So i put the build no. in both "Find:" and "Replace:" fields.

Do you need Messenger 7 installed at the same time for this to actually work?
    Or the last latest version of Messenger that was installed.

Thanks.

Default Yess!!

Worked for me on version 6.0 exactly as said, I tried the 5.0 aswell but didnt work so I moved back up to 6.0. Now I'm running Windows 2000 Professional version 5.0 build 2195 and i was wondering if I could get MSN 7.5 or higher to run on my win2k machine? Any help very much appreciated. THANKS.

Default Change home page !!

I'm sorry, I give up - can't find how to post a new thread - but everyone was so helpful with last problem that this one is going to be simple pimple!
    Having loaded msn on it has made my home page automatically 'msn.co.uk' and it takes a while to load on my comp and I don't really want it there. I want to change the homepage but in my internet tools option page the bit where you should be able to type in a different home page is 'greyed out' and unaccessible. Can I change it any other way or make this line 'accessible' ?

Default Yes, It is same to me .

I just want to use 7.5, why I have to download 8?

spyware remover spyware removal tool
    http://www.filesforfree.com/spyware_doctor.htm

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    I'm sorry, I give up - can't find how to post a new thread - but everyone was so helpful with last problem that this one is going to be simple pimple!
    Having loaded msn on it has made my home page automatically 'msn.co.uk' and it takes a while to load on my comp and I don't really want it there. I want to change the homepage but in my internet tools option page the bit where you should be able to type in a different home page is 'greyed out' and unaccessible. Can I change it any other way or make this line 'accessible' ?
    when you go into the internet option does the version you are running have the use current button under the greyed out box,if it does then go the page you usually use for your homepage then open the internet options and click the use current button and click apply bottom right corner and you should be set,alternately you could leave internet explorer closed and try altering it via internet options in control,i have had it on a couple machines where i could change the homepage in control panel but not in internet options when it was running.
    simply me

Trying to remove the hex file didn't work for me.

However, I was able to get MSN 6.0 working by writing the file to disc, and then installing from disc.

Works easily.

7.5 is the best

Default msn 7.5

can somebody plz tell me how to get 7.5 running on my pc. i had it, then i downloaded the newest live messenger. i removed it and it still wouldnt let me install 7.5 . it says there is a problem with the script so i cant load it.
    thanks