Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default oh please help

alright Tspoon isnt the only one having troubles with getting msn 7.5 back i just downloaded it yesterday but already i can say it sucks mine signs out every 5 minutes and its starting to make me angry im ready to throw my computer out the window so if someone could please help us out that would be great thanks a lot

Default Windows Live Messenger

alright i couldnt find out how to post new threads but i am just wondering if someone can help me i just downloaded windows live messenger and i hate it it signs me out every 5 minutes and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to switch back to 7.0 or 7.5 without having to have a disc or anything like that if any one knows could you please help me out it would be much appreciated thank you so much
    Last edited by the gaffer; 07-06-2007 at 02:58 AM. Reason: threads merged

live messenger ... signs me out every 5 minutes ... tell me how to switch back to 7.0 or 7.5
    I use the online version of MSN's IM, that way nothing needs to be downloaded:
    http://webmessenger.msn.com

ok I just realized one thing after reading the 2nd post solution.
    you will have to change your version each time a new version comes out.

that is rather inefficient, is there any preferment solution to this problem?
    I am trying to use messenger 6.2 on windows 2000, but it won't let me, I thought live can't run on 2000 at all, so why is it bothering me to update?

Default Hi visit Hamariweb.com

HI guys,

visit a great website fun for everyone
    www.oldversion.com
    Last edited by the gaffer; 08-07-2008 at 04:01 AM.

this trick actually doesnt work. if you look at the list of old msn's on the oldversion website, you will see that all you get for the build id is 6.0, nothing further. in order for it to work, you have to know the full build version like 6.0.0.45.2. simply knowing that its 6.0, will not help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    Yes, there is a way to get MSN Messenger 6.0 working again.

Download: Hex Workshop
    Be sure to have MSN 6 exited before you use Hex Workshop.
    Open MSN 6's msnmsgr.exe in Hex Workshop.
    Click the Edit menu, and click Replace.
    Click the Type arrow, and select Text String.
    In the Find box, type the version of your MSN 6. (That also include the build number, i.e 6.0.0602)
    In the Replace box, type 7.0.0813. Click OK. Click Replace All. Click OK. Exit Hex Workshop. Open MSN Messenger 6. You should now be able to sign in.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WONADONELY View Post
    this trick actually doesnt work. if you look at the list of old msn's on the oldversion website, you will see that all you get for the build id is 6.0, nothing further. in order for it to work, you have to know the full build version like 6.0.0.45.2. simply knowing that its 6.0, will not help you.
    Perhaps it no longer works but it obviously did at the time as replies stated that it had worked with them,Look at the age of the post things can and do change with time.
    simply me

Default mess.be patch for using older versions of msn ?

recently its become manditory for older versions of msn to be updated to the new windows live messenger . i dont want to do this . it also say mess.be have a patch to allow you to carry on using the version you want but i ve searched the site and i cant find it anywhere . does anyone have a link ?
    thanks

Default does anyone have a link for the mess.be msn patch

i ve been looking everywhere on the mess be site which old version recomends so i can use an old version of msn messenger . but i cant find it anywhere . does anyone have a link ?
    thanks

Gold

Default Troubles with Messenger Live 14.0

Im also Having problems with the Newest Windows Live Messenger Version 14.0 what a mess.I had to upgrade cause its says in order to use Messenger you have to upgrade to the Latest Version.I have Windows XP with Service pack 2.Now I get a message that says " We cant sign you in Messenger Cause the Service is unavailable" I try uninstall it and go back to to messenger version 8.5 but now I lost Windows Photo Gallery which I think was included with Messenger 14.0.olderversion says theres a patch at mess with messenger I cant find it.I will go with Yahoo messenger I guess.